PhD (Gauhati), Research Interests- Glaciology, Climate Science, Atmospheric Chemistry, Remote Sensing and GIS
Department of Geography
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
Research Interest and Experience:
1. Should have a common research interest area. Some of themes are- Glaciology, Atmospheric Chemistry, and Climate Science
2. Sound have knowledge in Remote Sensing and GIS (Arc Map, ERDAS Imagine, preferebly programming language like R, Python)
3. Basic knowledge of Statisitcs (Trend estimate, Logistic, Probit models, variance, prediction and forecasting techniques)
4. Must be a disciplined,highly motivated,hard working, and willing to work in harsh environment especially high altitude and cold climate (glaciology).
How to prepare for PhD under my supervision (JRF and GURET candidates):
1. Prepare yourself with advanced training (diploma/ 1 year certificate course)
2. Prepare a synopsis of common research interest as mentioned above.
3. Synopsis should bear the following-
1. Roopjyoti Hazarika (2018- present)
1. Jonamoni Deka (2019-20)