MSc (Gauhati) PhD (Gauhati)
Electronics & Radio Physics, Instrumentation and control, Web Services
Department of Electronics and Communication Technology
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
1. Dean, Faculty of Technology, Gauhati University
2. Nodal Officer, Vivesvaraya Fellowship Scheme of MeiTY, Govt. of India.
Total no of PhD student under the scheme: 20
Full time: 10
Part time: 10
Department of Electronics and Communication Technology, Gauhati University, Guwahati-781014, Assam, India.
Prof. Tulshi Bezboruah received his MSc & PhD degree in Physics (Specilaization Electronics & Radio-Physics) from Gauhati University in 1993 and 1999 respectively. He had joined Gauhati University as a Lecturer in the Department of Electronics & Communication Technology (Formerly Electronics Science), Gauhati University in the year 2000. He did his Post Doctoral Research on Embedded System for Instrumentation and Control at ICTP, Trieste, Italy during 2003-2010 as Junior Associate of the Centre. Later on, he had been awarded Visiting Faculty Fellow by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of INDIA at the Institute of Radio Physics & Electronics, Calcutta University in the year 2011. He become Associate Professor and Professor of the Department in the year 2007 and 2013 respectively. Prof. Bezoruah is currently the Head of the Department since 2013. He is also the Dean, Faculty of Technology, Gauhati University.
Research Projects: 05 (Completed)
Research Guidance / Mentorship
MPhil : 5 (Awarded)
PhD: 14 (Awarded), 08 (Pursuing)
Post Doc. Fellow: 01 (completed)
Post doctoral research:
At ICTP, TRIESTE, Italy as Junior Associate from March 2003 to March 2010.
Reviewer of Journals
In International Refereed Journals
1. Evaluating the reliability of PwCOV: A loosely coupled software as a service for COVID-19 data processing system: International Journal of Engineering: Transaction C: Aspects, vol.33(12), pp.2496-2502 (December 2020).
2. Artificial Intelligence: The Technology, challenges and applications: Transaction of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, vol.8(5), pp.44-51 (November, 2020).
3. Investigations on reliability estimation of loosely coupled SaaS execution using clustered and non-clustered web server: International Journal of Engineering: Transaction A: Basics, vol.33(1), pp. 75-81(2020)
4. Some aspects of implementation of web services in load balancing clustered based web services: International Journal of information Retrieval Research, vol. 10(1), pp.48-72 (January 2020).
5. Non contact method based on intensity modulation of light for measurement of vibration of a thin cantilever beam: IET Science measurment and Technology, vol.13(5), pp.746-754 (July 2019).
6. Oblique fed ring antenna mounted in a car headlight for automotive applications: Electronics letters, vol. 55(7), pp. 367-368 (Apriol 2019).
7. Fiber optics capillary flow viscometer: IEEE sensor letters, vol.3(2) (February 2019)
8. A study on gamma optimization parameter and phase margin of fourth order phase-locked loop: International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering, vol. 6(12), pp.146-150 (2018).
9. Low cost refractive index sensor with optical fibers attached to a U-shaped glass tubes: IEEE sensor letters, vol.2(3) (September 2018).
10. A novel optical method to measure weight by using linear extension spring: IEEE sensor letters, vol. 2(3) (2018).
11. A real time data acquisition system for monitoring sensor data: International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering< vol. 6(6), pp. (June 2018).
12. Some aspects of reliability evaluation of multi service multi functional SOAP based web services: Internationa Journal of Information Retrieval Research, vol. 8(4), pp. 24-38 (2018).
13. Investigation on some aspects of reliability of content based routing SOAP based windows foundation services: International Journal of Information Retrieval Research, vol. 7(10, pp. 17-31 (2017).
14. Investigations on user’s Perspective Evaluation of SOC System for Selecting an Efficient Framework for Building e-Services, Advances in Computer Science and Information Technology (ACSIT), vol. 3/(6), pp. 492-496 (2016).
15. A Heuristic Approach for Service Interoperability in Web Service Oriented Smart City, Advances in Computer Science and Information Technology (ACSIT),vol. 3/(6), pp. 506-509 (2016).
16. Intensity modulation based measurement of refractive index of colourless liquid using fibre optics, Advanced Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (AREEE), vol.3/(5), pp. 404- 407(2016).
17. A review on optically transparent antenna, Advanced Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (AREEE), vol.3/ (5), pp. 422- 425(2016).
18.Energy harvesting from RF signals: A comprehensive review, Advanced Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (AREEE), vol.3/ (5), pp. 412- 417(2016).
19.Fiber optic refractometers: A brief qualitative review, Advanced Research in Electricaland Electronic Engineering(AREEE), vol.3/ (5), pp. 400-403 (2016).
20. Design and implementation of remotely controlled curtain system, Advanced Research in Electricaland Electronic Engineering(AREEE),vol.3/ (5), pp. 395-399(2016).
21. Remotely accessible robotic arm: optimized for laboratory demonstration, Advanced Research in Electricaland Electronic Engineering(AREEE), vol.3/ (5), pp. 375-380(2016).
22.A method for improving the settling time of phase-locked loop during acquisition for communication systems, Advanced Research in Electricaland Electronic Engineering(AREEE), vol.3/ (5), pp. 369-374(2016).
23. Comparative study of all digital phase-locked loop, Advanced Research in Electricaland Electronic Engineering(AREEE), vol.3/ (5), pp. 358-362(2016).
24. Simulated study of printed dipole antenna in various orientations, Advanced Research in Electricaland Electronic Engineering(AREEE), vol.3/ (5), pp. 337-342(2016).
25. An Embedded System for Monitoring Pulse Rate during Indoor Exercise Advanced Research in Electricaland Electronic Engineering(AREEE), vol.3/ (5), pp. 354-357(2016).
26. Security Impact on e-ATM Windows Communication Foundation Services using Certificate based Authentication and Protection: An implementation of Message Level Security based on .NET Technique. International Journal of information retrieval research(IJIRR),vol.6/(3), pp.37-51 (2016).
27. Low Cost Refractometer withLongitudinally Displaced Optical Fibers,IEEE Sensor Journals, vol. 16/(15), pp. 5950-5957 (2016).
28. Fiber Optic Viscometer Based on Sliding of Liquid Drop Under Gravity on Inclined Flow Channel Instrumentation and Measurement, IEEE Transactions on, vol.65/ (4),pp.930-938 (2016).
29. Ultra low cost Refractometer with longitudinally attached optical fibers Journal of basic and applied engineering research, vol.2/(19), pp.1709 (2015).
30.Comparative study of 2frequency of rectangular microstrip antenna,Advance Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering,vol.2/ (11), pp.45-50 (2015).
31. Some aspects of reliability for computational implementation in hierarchical service oriented computing Advance Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering,vol.2/ (11), pp.26-30 (2015).
32. Investigation on implementation of content based routing e-ATM Windows Communication Foundation n Services using .Net Technique, Advanced Research in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, vol.2 /(11), pp.39-44 (2015).
33. Study of effect of noise on output of voltage controlled oscillator Advance Research in Electrical and Electronic Engineering,vol.2/ (11), pp.56-59 (2015).
34. Effect of magnetic field on coupling parameter in Zeeman Laser, Journal of basic and applied engineering research, vol.2/(19), pp.1673-1675 (2015).
35. Design, Development and implementation of microcontroller based system for all liquid level measurement. Advanced Research in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, vol.2/(12), pp.49-54 (2015).
36. A comparative study of induced transition in a ring cavity Advances in Applied Science Research, vol.6/(4), pp. 40-44 (2015).
37. A comparative study of affect of complex conjugate terms in Fabry-Perot and Zeeman laser cavity Advances in Applied Science Research, vol. 6, No.7, pp.186-190 (2015).
38. A comparative study of affect of complex conjugate terms in Ring laser cavity, Advances in Applied Science Research, vol. 6, No.7, pp.176-179 (2015).
39. Performance evaluation of hierarchical SOAP based web service in load balancing cluster-based and non cluster-based web server International journal of information retrieval research (IJIRR), vol.5/(4), pp. 19-30 (2015).
40. A comparative investigation on implementation of RESTful versus SOAP based WebServices International journal of Data Base Theory and Application (IJDTA), vol.8/ (3), pp.297-312 (2015).
41. Investigations on implementation of e-ATM Web Services based on .NET technique, International Journal of Information Retrieval Research (IJIRR), vol.4/(2), pp.41-56(2014).
42. Some aspects of rectangular microstrip antenna for mobile application International Journal of Future Generation Communication and Networking (IJFGCN), vol. 7/ (6), pp. 129-140 (2014).
43. Investigations on modeling and simulation of printed folded dipole antenna International Journal of Hybrid Information Technology(IJHIT), Vol. 7/(6), pp. 375-388(2014).
44. Testing and evaluation of a hierarchical SOAP based medical web service International Journal of Database Theory and Application(IJDTA), vol.7/(5) pp.145-160 (2014).
45. Investigation on security implementation and performance aspects of MedWS: a hierarchical SOAP based web service, International Journal of Database Theory and Application(IJDTA), vol.7/ (4), pp. 169-188(2014).
46. Simulation of acquisition behavior of second order analog PLL by phase error process. International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering (IJEEE).Vol. 7/ (2), pp.93-106(2014).
47. Modeling and behavioral simulation of a wide band phase-locked loop for wireless communication receivers International Journal of Control Theory and Application (IJCTA), vol.7/(1), pp. 27-39 (2014).
47. Design, fabrication and analysis of a 1.1GHz phase-locked loop frequency synthesizer for wireless communication systems International Journal of Electronics & Electrical Engineering (IJEEE), vol.3/(1), pp.19-23 (2014).
48. Fiber Optic Sensor for Liquid Volume Measurement IEEE Sensor Journals (IEEE SENS J)Vol. 14/ (4), pp.935 – 936 (2014).
49. Non-intrusive Technique for Measuring Refractive Index of Clear and Transparent Liquids IEEE Sensor Journals, vol.14/(2),313-314 (2014).
50. Impact of gamma optimization parameters and phase margin on closed loop gain of phase-locked loop International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering (IJECE), vol.6/ (3), pp. 225-231 (2013).
51. A Truly Non-intrusive Liquid Level Sensing Method Based on Lateral Displacement Effect of Light Rays IEEE Sensor Journals (IEEE SENS J), vol.13/ (2), pp.801-806 (2013).
51. Investigation on implementation of web applications with different implementation techniques. IET Software
(IET SOFTW),vol.6/ (6), pp. 474-478 (2012).
52. Non-baryonic Dark Matter as the Source of Gamma Ray Emission in Magnetar. International Journal of Astronomy, vol.1/(3), pp.44-48 (2012).
53. Design of a Remotely Accessible PC based Temperature Monitoring System. ACEEE Int. J. on Communications, vol. 03/(1), pp.40-44( 2012).
54. Modeling and behavioral simulation of a high speed phased locked loop for frequency synthesis. IET Signal processing (IET SIGNAL PROCESS),vol. 6/(3), pp.195-204 (2012).
55. Simulation of second-order analog Phase-Locked Loop for studying the PULL-INTIME. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and advances in Engineering, vol.4/1, pp.239-256 (2012).
56. Investigation on performance testing and evaluation of PReWebN: A Java technique for implementing web application.IET Software (IET SOFTW), vol.5/(5), pp.434-444(2011).
57. Modeling and simulation of noise transfer function of a 2GHz phased-locked loop for frequency synthesizer. International Journal of modern engineering research, vol.1/(2), pp-615-6255 (2011).
58. Investigations on performance testing and evaluation of PReWebD: A. Net technique form implementation of web applications. IET Software, vol. 5/ 4, pp. 357-365 (2011).
59. Mobile Computing: the emerging technology, sensing, challenges and applications. Advances in wireless and mobile communications, vol. 4/2, pp. 164-174 (2011).
60. A new Non-intrusive Optical Technique to Measure Transparent Liquid Level and Volume, 2010. IEEE Sensors Journal (IEEE SEN J),vol. 11/2, pp.391-398 (2011).
61. An embedded design for automatic temperature controller. International Journal of Advanced Engineering and applications, vol.1/1,pp.88-93 (2011).
62. Simulation of lock-in limit of second order analog phase-locked loop with reference to white Gaussian noise source. International Journal of applied engineering research vol. 6/5, pp. 627-644(2011).
63. Performance Analysis of Web Application using Microsoft .Net Technology. International Journal of Electronics Engineering Research, vol.2/2, pp. 243–251 (2010).
64. An embedded design for monitoring and controlling temperature. Indian Journal of Physics, vol.84/1, pp.1-9 (2010).
65. Design of an embedded system for monitoring and controlling temperature and light. International Journal of Electronics Engineering Research, vol.1 (1), pp.27–36 (2009). :
66. On HTML and XML based web design and implementation techniques. F E Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol.1 (1), pp.65-79 (2007).
67. Photonic band gap materials: Technology, applications and challenges. Current Science (CURR SCI INDIA), vol.92 (10) pp.1361-1365, (2007).
68. An improved resistive amplification network for fast timing photomultiplier tubes. Measurement, vol. 37(2), pp. 131(2005).
69. Reanalysis of Gauhati University mini array data using CORSIKA. Astroparticle Physics (ASTROPART PHYS),vol. 22(5&6) pp. 421-429 (2005).
70. Design, fabrication and test of a fast scintillation detector pre-amplifier. Review of Scientific Instruments (REV SCI INSTRUM), vol.73 (7), pp.2797-2799 (2002).
71. An eight-channel pulse-shape comparator to discriminate scintillation detector pulses. Review of Scientific Instruments (REV SCI INSTRUM) vol. 72(8), pp.3418-3421(2001).
72. An integrated pulse-width trigger unit for triggering EAS events. Nuclear Instruments & Methods in Physics Research A (NUCL INSTRUM METH A),vol. 464(2&3), pp. 566 -570(2001).
73. Cosmic ray energy spectrum above 1017 observed at Guwahati University Mini Array. Indian Journal of Physics (INDIAN J PHYS),vol. 75(1), pp.5-10(2001).
74. A new front end time to digital electronics to study extensive air showers Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A (NUCL INSTRUM METH A), vol. 460(2&3), pp. 266-271(2001).
75. A non conventional method of UHE cosmic ray detectio, Astroparticle Physics (ASTROPART PHYS), vol. 11, pp. 395-402 (1999)
76. A new experimental setup to study UHE cosmic rays based on measurement of arrival time spread of secondary particles from EAS. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A (NUCL INSTRUM METH A), vol. 410, pp. 206-212(1998).
For more details about the publications, please visit: http:\\www.researchgate.net/profile/Tulshi_Bezboruah/research