MLISc (Gauhati) MCA (Sikkim Manipal) PGDLAN (Hyderabad) PhD (Gauhati)
Information Retrieval, Library Automation, Web based information Services; Bibliometrics, Scientometrics
Department of Library and Information Science
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
A. Publications in Peer Reviewed Journal
1. Hazarika, T., Deka, D and Lahkar, N. Application of linear optimization in library management: a study with assignment problem, IASLIC Bulletin , 62 (2), 2017 (p. 107-113).[ISSN:0018-8441]
2. Kalita, D. and Hazarika, T. Web based Interactive Services in the University Libraries in Assam and perception library managers and users: a case study. ACLA Bulletin, 8, July 2016. (p. 10-20).[ISSN:2229-6492]
3. Hazarika, T, Sarma D and Sen BK. Scientometric portrait of Nayanananda Borthakur: a biometeorologist, Annals of Library and Information Studies, 57(1), 2010 (p.21-32). [ISSN: 0972-5423]
4. Hazarika, T. Documentation works and services of forestry literature: an experience in the library of RFRI, Jorhat, IASLIC Bulletin, 51 (2), 2006. (p.19-25). [ISSN:0018-8441]
5. Hazarika, T. Information use pattern of Indian Forestry Scientists: a bibliographic study, Annals of Library and Information Studies, 52 (2), 2005. (p.68-75). [ISSN: 0972-5423]
6. Hazarika, T, Goswami, K. and Das, P. Bibliometric analysis of Indian Forester: 1991-2000, IASLIC Bulletin, 48 (4), 2003. (p.213-223) [ISSN:0018-8441]
B. Publications in Conference Proceedings
1. Hazarika, T. Scientometric Profile of Seismology Research in India IN 1st International Conference on Transforming Library 2017: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Transforming Library held at Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar during July 8-10, 2017.
2. Goswami R. and Hazarika, T. Mapping Research Contributions of Assam University: A Scientometric Study IN Disruptive Innovations for Libraries: Adopt, Adapt and Evolve: Proceedings of the 10th Convention of PLANNER held at North Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong during November, 9-11, 2016, Edited by Jagadish Arora (ISBN: ).
3. Hazarika, T. Baishya A and Goswami R. Use of Open Access Journals by Indian Scientists: A study through the Web of Science IN Roadmap to Usher in Knowledge Society : Proceedings of the IASLIC National Seminar 2014 held at Gauhati University during November 25-28, 2014, Edited by Amitabha Chatterjee and other published by Department of Library and Information Science, Gauhati University [ISSN: 0972 3668]
4. Goswami R. and Hazarika, T. Research Publication Trends of the Scientists of Tezpur University: A Scientometric Study IN Capacity Building in Library and Information Services: Proceedings of the 9th Convention of PLANNER held at Dibrugarh University during September 25-27, 2014 Edited by Jagadish Arora [ISBN: 978-93-81232-04-0]
5. Hazarika, T. Metadata approach in cross domain information retrieval IN North East India Library Network (NEILIBNET): Challenges and Opportunities : Proceedings of the National Seminar held at Gauhati University, during Oct 3-5, 2013 Edited by Narendra Lahkar and Sanjay Kr Singh, published by the Department of Library and Information Science, Gauhati University [ISBN: 978-81-908708-0-3]
6. Hazarika, T. Public Library Network in Assam: A Feasibility Study IN North East India Library Network (NEILIBNET): Challenges and Opportunities : Proceedings of the National Seminar held at Gauhati University, during Oct 3-5, 2013 Edited by Narendra Lahkar and Sanjay Kr Singh, published by the Department of Library and Information Science, Gauhati University [ISBN: 978-81-908708-0-3]
7. Hazarika, T. and Deka, D. Application of Operations Research in Planning CAS and SDI Services IN Library Management: New Trends and Issues: Proceedings of the National Conference on Contemporary Issues and Challenges in Library and Information Management, Organized by the Central Library, Tezpur University during Feb 14-15, 2014. Edited by Mukesh Saikia and Monawwer Eqbal, Published by Tezpur University [ISBN 987-93-83931-14-9]
8. Hazarika, T. Information Literary for Rural Development: Role of the Libraries, paper presented at the International Conference on Information Literacy in the Knowledge Society held at North-East Hill University (NEHU), Shillong, Organized by Department of Library and Information Science in collaboration with the Indian Institute of Social Science Research IICSSR) New Delhi, NEHU during March 8-9, 2014.
9. Hazarika, T. Electronic resources for scholarly use: some issues IN Open Access Journals: Its Usefulness in the College and University Libraries: Proceedings of the UGC Sponsored National Seminar organized by the Central Library, Rupahi College Nagaon, Assam during May 12-13, 2014 [ISBN: 978-81-202-8837-9]
10. Hazarika, T. Web 2.0 and Library 2.0: A survey of the University Libraries in NE India IN Building Participatory Library Services in Digital Era: Proceedings of the 8th Convention of PLANNER 2012 held at Sikkim University, Sikkim during March 01-03, 2012, pp. 125-137. Editor in chief Jagadish Arora [ISBN: 978-93-81232-02-6]
11. Barman B, Brahma DC and Hazarika, T. Reading Habit of PhD Scholars: a study with reference to the Scholars in the faculty of Science & Technology in Gauhati University, National Seminar on Creation of Reading Habit in the Society held at Gauhati Commerce College, Guwahati during 18-19 May, 2012.
12. Hazarika, T, Sarma B and Gohain, A. Impact of library collection towards doctoral studies: a case study on citation analysis of PhD dissertations in the school of science & technology in Tezpur University IN Re-engineering of Library and Information Services in Digital Era: Proceedings of the 7th convention of PLANNER held at Tezpur University, Tezpur during 18th - 20th February, 2010 (pp. 319-337).[ISBN: 978-81-902079-9-7]
13. Hazarika, T. North East India Library Network (NEILIBNET): the gateway for harnessing LIS services in NE India. IN Digitization and Networking of Library and Information Centres in North East India: Proceedings of the national seminar held in Gauhati University, Guwahati, January 9-10, 2009. (pp.466-473). [ISBN: 978-81-908708-0-1]
14. Hazarika, T. Information exchange of library holding of the universities of North Eastern Region: state of the art practices. IN Library as a Global Information Hub: Perspectives and Challenges: Proceedings of the 5th convention of PLANNER held at Gauhati University, Guwahati, December 7-8, 2007.(pp.132-141).[978-81-902079-5-9].
15. Hazarika, T. Training modules for rural library personnel: an outline IN Problems and Prospects Rural Libraries With Reference to NE India: Proceedings of the National Seminar held at Gauhati University, Guwahati, March 27-28, 2007., (pp.169-180).
16. Hazarika, T. Information inputs for rural development in agriculture & forest services: an assessment IN Information Support for Rural Development: Proceedings of the XXI IASLIC National Seminar held at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, December 31, 2004 to January 3, 2005.(pp.303-310). [ISSN:0972-3668]
17. Hazarika, T. Role of media in` harnessing sustainable management of environment and forests in NE India IN Social Role Media and Building up of a National Information Resource Centre -Cum-Archive for the North East: Proceedings of the national seminar held at Guwahati, September 21-22, 2004.(pp.47-55).
18. Hazarika, T. and Barua, SR. Consortium based subscription to E-journals: a test for the viability in the city of Jorhat, Assam. IN Library Automation and Networking in North -Eastern Region: Challenges and Opportunities: Proceedings of the 1st PLANNER held at NEHU, Shillong, November 6-7, 2003.(pp.(pp.319-323) [ISBN: 978-81-98708-0-1].
19. Hazarika, T. Authorship trend and solo vs. team research in forestry literature: a bibliometric study. Presented at the 12th Conference and Seminar of Assam Library Association, Aug 11-12, 2003, District Library, Guwahati.
C. Publications in Workshop Proceedings
1. Hazarika, T. Regional library consortia in North East India: some issues IN Prospects of consortia for North East India libraries: Proceedings of the national workshop held at Gauhati University during March 17-18, 2016. (pp. 41-49).
D. Publications in Book Chapter
1. Hazarika, T. Planning and management issues in digital library IN Digital Library: Issues, Challenges & Opportunities: Vishakhapatnam, Global Publishing House, 2016. (pp.39-46), edited by Gitika Das.[ 978-81-908708-0-5].