MSc (Gauhati) PhD (IICT Hyderabad)
Nanoscience, Energy and Environment
Department of Applied Sciences
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
Publications = Link to Google Scholar
Citation= 1258 h-index= 20 i1o-index= 25 [Source: Google Scholar]
1. J. Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 252 (2006) 238-244. (Elsevier, IF:5.062)
2. J. Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 258 (2006) 355-360. (Elsevier, IF:5.062)
3. J. Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 275 (2007) 167-173. (Elsevier, IF:5.062)
4. J. Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 276 (2007) 197-204. (Elsevier, IF:5.062)
5. J. Physical Chemistry C, 111 (2007) 1878-1881. (ACS, IF:4.126)
6. J. Physical Chemistry C, 111 (2007) 10478-10483. (ACS, IF:4.126)
7. J. Physical Chemistry C, 112 (2008) 11729-11737. (ACS, IF:4.126)
8. J. Physical Chemistry C, 112 (2008) 16393-16399. (ACS, IF:4.126)
9. Catalysis Letters, 123 (2008) 327-333. (Springer, IF:3.186)
10. Catalysis Surveys from Asia, 12 (2008) 214-228. (Springer, IF:2.194)
11. J. Physical Chemistry C, 113 (2009) 2452-2462. (ACS, IF:4.126)
12. Catalysis Today, 141 (2009) 109-114. (Elsevier, IF:6.766)
13. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 48 (2009) 453-462. (ACS, IF:3.72)
After Joining GU
14. Catalysis Science and Technology, 2 (2012) 931-933. (RSC, IF:6.119)
15. J. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 19 (2013) 327-336. (Elsevier, IF:6.064)
16. J. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 20 (2014) 444-453. (Elsevier, IF:6.064)
17. Catalysis Letters, 146 (2016) 291-303. (Springer, IF:3.186)
18. J. Chemical Sciences, 129(1) (2017) 81-93. (Springer, IF:1.573)
19. Powder Technology, 315 (2017) 147-156. (Elsevier, IF:5.134)
20. J. Analytical Science and Technology, (2017) 8:23. (Springer, IF:2.769)
21. Molecular Catalysis, 451 (2018) 96-104. (Elsevier, IF:5.062)
22. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 11 (2019) 32869-32878. (ACS, IF:9.227)
23. Solar RRL, (2020) 1900557 (1-10). (Wiley-VCH, IF:8.58)
1. J. Assam Sci. Soc. 59(1,2) (2018) 22-38.
2. Ind. J. Mater. Sci. 2015 (2015) 1-10.
3. Chem. Sci. Transc. 4(3) (2015) 788-798.
4. Bull. Catal. Soc. India 13(3-4) (2014) 48-54. (Renamed as "Catalysis in Green Chemistry and Engineering" published by Begell House Inc.)
5. Two and a Bud 59(2) (2012) 112-118.
1. "Industrially Relevent Hydrogenation Catalysts": in Chemical Industry Digest 21(12) (2008) 87-93 (ISSN: 0971-5266).
2. "A Comprehensive Overview on Synthesis Techniques of Nanostructured Oxides": in New Nanotechniques, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 2009, Ch. 6, pp 243-276 (ISBN: 978-1-60692-516-4).
3. "Ceria Based Nanocatalysts: Design and Development for Catalytic Applications", Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2011 (ISBN: 978-3-8443-2899-8).
4. "Peroxovanadates and its bio-mimicking relation with Vanadium Haloperoxidases": in Emerging Research on Bioinspired Materials Engineering, IGI Global, USA, 2016, Ch. 7, pp 199-221 (DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-9811-6.ch007).
5. "Development of CeO2 and TiO2 based Au catalysts for catalytic applications": in Noble metal-Metal oxide Hybrid Nanoparticles: Fundamentals and Applications, Elsevier Book Series, 2018, Ch. 24, pp 517-533 (ISBN: 978-0-12-814134-2).
6. "Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting: Materials and Applications": in Noble materials for Photoelctrochemical water splitting, Materials Research Forum, USA, 2020, Ch. 7, pp 183-213 (ISBN: 978-1-64490-072-7).
1. Procd. Int. Sem. in Mineral Processing Technology (MPT-2005) pp 187-193 (ISBN: 0-07-059921-1).
2. Procd. Int. Conf. in Emerging Trends in Mineral Processing and Extractive Mettalurgy (ICME-2005) pp 111-116 (ISBN: 81-7764-858-6)
3. Procd. Int. Sem. in Mineral Processing Technology (MPT-2006) pp 436-442.
4. Conf. Procd. 2009, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Annual Meeting, 09AIChE, Nashville, USA.
1. Secured First Class in B.Sc. (Dibrugarh Univ.) and M.Sc. Examinations (Gauhati University).
2. Selected as Research Fellow at TRA, Tocklai and worked with Dr. M. Hazarika.
3. Selected as Project Assistant at NEIST, Jorhat and worked with Dr. P.C. Borthakur.
4. Selected as Senior Technical Assistant (permanent) at DRDO (HEMRL, Pune) [did not join]
5. Worked as Technical Superintendent (permanent) at Centre for Environment, IIT Guwahati (for 2 months).
6. Qualified NET in Chemical Science as CSIR-JRF and stood among the top 20% qualified candidates in 2004.
7. Received Junior and Senior research fellowships from CSIR to prusue PhD at IICT, Hyderabad under Prof. B.M. Reddy.
8. DST-DAAD Exanchange Fellowship for three months to work with Prof. Martin Muhler and Prof. W. Grunert at Ruhr Universitat, Bochum, Germany.
9. Post Doc at University of Cincinnati, USA and worked with Prof. P.G. Smirniotis.
10. Post Doc offer from University of Udine, Italy and Kyungpook National University, South Korea (did not join).
11. Selected as Assistant Professor (permanent) at Department of Chemistry, Handique Girls'College, Guwahati (did not join).
12. Hindustan Platinum Award for Best Poster Presentation at IMMT, Bhubaneswar in a National Seminar organized by Catalysis Society of India (2008).
13. Selected for Summer Fellowship for Teachers by Indian National Science Academy (INSA) in 2015.
14. Focus Area Science and Technology Summer Fellowship' 2018 for two months by Indian Academy of Sciences to work with Prof. C.S. Gopinath, CSIR-NCL, Pune.
15. Faculty Summer Internship at IIT Hyderabad from 1st to 10th July, 2019 (under TEQIP III) to work with Dr. S.K. Martha, Department of Chemistry, IITH.
16. Selected as Expert Panel Member by AICTE, New Delhi in 2020.
17. Review Editor, Frontiers in Fuels, 2022.
Areas of Research Interest:
Heterogeneous Catalysis, Nanomaterials, Solar Water Splitting and Energy Storage
1. "Synthesis of supported gold catalysts for catalytic applications" funded by DST for 3 years (status: Completed as PI. Sanctioned amount: 25,70,000/-)
2. "Synthesis, Characterization and catalytic applications of Ru and Ir metal complexes and metal nanocomposites" (Completed as Co-PI)
2. Hemanta Kumar Baruah (Degree awarded in December 2020, Joined Medical Department, Govt. of Assam))
3. Ananta Saikia (Degree awarded in April 2022, NET-JRF qualified, Senior Scientist at DRL Tezpur)
4. Bijoy Tudu (SLET Qualified; Finally Registered)
5. Chinmoy Kalita (Finally Registered)
6. Rajashree Bortamuly (SLET Qualified; Finally Registered)
7. Trishanku Kashyap
8. Baharul Islam
9. Sneha Sonari
1. Kongkona Borah (MS project, GU) (Pursiung PhD in South Korea)
2. Sushmita Buragohain (MS project, GU)
3. Banajit Malakar (MS project, GU)
4. Samprity Sarmah (MSc project, USTM)
5. Biswajit Gogoi (BSc project, JIST Jorhat)
6. Chiranjeev Rajkhowa (BSc project, JIST Jorhat)
7. Unmona Sarma (BSc project, JB College Jorhat)
8. Chinmoy Kalita (MS project, GU)
9. Bishnu Jyoti Kalita (MSc project, USTM)
10. Junaid Ahmed (MSc project, USTM)
11. Pranami Mahanta (MSc project, USTM)
12. Uddipta Sarma (MSc project, USTM)
13. Hirak Jyoti Mahanta (MS project, GU)
14. Prateeti Hazarika (MS project, GU) (Pursuing Masters in Germany)
15. Plabita Borpujari (MS project, GU)
16. Abhilash Das (MTech project, GU)
17. Lutfor Rahman (MSc project, Royal Global University)
18. Jyotirmoy Dutta (MSc project, USTM)
19. Baharul Islam (MSc project, Royal Global University)
20. Kamal Jyoti Sarma (MTech Project, GU)
21. Krishnashree Mahanta (MSc Project, USTM)
22. Tosnim Zamila (MSc Project, USTM)
23. Aditi Sarma (MSc Project, NIT Sikkim)
24. Rupam Medhi (M. Tech. Project, GU)
1. Prof. B.M. Reddy, IICT Hyderabad
2. Prof. C.S. Gopinath, NCL Pune
3. Dr. S.K. Martha, IIT Hyderabad
4. Dr. Pankaj Bharali, Tezpur University
5. Dr. M.R. Das, NEIST Jorhat
6. Dr. S.K. Bharadwaj, Pragjyotish College, Guwahati
Seminar/Symposia/Conference (Presented/Attended/Contributed) = >45
Seminar/Conference Organized = 06
Invited Talks and other assignments:
1. UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences - 2012” in the Department of Chemistry, Gauhati University, on 30-31 March, 2012 .
2. 10th Regional Science Congress of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, Shillong Region (NER) held at Navodaya Vidyalaya, Rangia, Assam, on 18th November, 2013.
3. "Pre Training Programme for Water Educators" Department of Chemistry, Gauhati University, on February, 2016.
4. "National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences" Department of Chemistry, Gauhati University, on 27th May, 2016.
5. "International Conference on Sophisticated Instruments in Modern Research" CIF, IIT Guwahati, during 30th June -1st July, 2017.
6. "Six Days National Workshop on Nano-Electronics and Related Disciplines" Department of ECT, GU, during 1- 6th August, 2017.
7. "National Conference on Applied Sciences, Sustainable and Evolving Technologies" Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar, during 9-11th March, 2018.
8. 3rd Annual Lecture of the Department of Chemistry, Nalbari College, Nalbari, Assam on 9th April, 2018.
9. 18th Regional Gyan-Bigyan Mela, Shishu Siksha Samiti, Assam, held at Sankar Dev Sishu Niketan, Beltola on 29th September, 2018.
10. Invitation to "OrganiX'2018: An International Conference" organized by Department of Chemical Sciences, Tezpur University, India on 20-21 December, 2018.
11. "National Conference on Green, Sustainable and Evolving Sciences" (GSES-2019), Cotton University during 28-19 th June, 2019.
12. "Two days workshop on Renewable Resources and Sustainable Technologies" Assam Science and Technology University during 4-5th September, 2019.
13. "International Conference on Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences" Department of Chemistry, Gauhati University during 13-15th February, 2020.
14. A symposium on the theme "Integrated Science and Technology for Sustainable Future" at Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Pharmaceutical Science Guwahati on 28th Febriary, 2022.
15. Technical Fest "TechMilap" organized by Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology, Guwahati on 14th May 2022(Invited as a Judge for Poster Competition with the theme "Waste to Energy").
16. One week (20-25th June 2022)AICTE sponsored Short Term Training Programme (STTP) for the faculties of NER, India (Keynote Lecture delivered on 21st June 2022 in General Research Section in Chemical Science).
1. Head of the Department, Department of Applied Sciences, GU w.e.f. 25th January 2019 to 24th January 2022 and Member, Academic Council, GU.
2. Member of DRC and CCS (UG and PG) of Department of Applied Sciences, GU (Acted as Chairman of DRC and CCS w.e.f. 25th January 2019 to 24th January 2022).
3. Member, Board of Studies, Royal School of Applied and Pure Sciences, The Assam Royal Glaobal University, Guwahati (2020-2022).
4. Warden, Gopinath Bardoloi RCC-2 Boys' Hall, GU w.e.f. Oct. 2018.
5. Joint Placement Incharge and Chairman, GUIST Placement Cell for the session 2021-22.
6. Zonal Officer, Technology Zone, GUIST Examinations from December 2014 to January 2020.
7. Faculty coordinator, GUIST Girls' Hostel from 2012 to 2020.
8. Executive member of GUTA for the year 2016-17.
9. Faculty advisor to Secretary, Boys Common Room, PGSU, for the year 2017-20.
10. Faculty advisor to Cultural Secretary, PGSU, for the session 2021-22.
Membership in Professional Bodies
1. Life member, Catalysis Society of India.
2. Life member, Association of Chemistry Teachers.
3. Member, Royal Society of Chemistry, London.
Peer Reviewer of :
Applied Catalysis B: Environmental (Elsevier), Applied Catalysis A: General (Elsevier), Catalysis Today (Elsevier), J. of Environmental Chemical Engineering (Elsevier), Powder Technology (Elsevier), Ceramic International(Elsevier), Chinese Chemical Letters (Elsevier), Int. J. of Hydrogen Energy (Elsevier), Materials Science and Engineering (Elsevier), Materials Research Bulletin (Elsevier), Organic Process Research and Development (ACS), Env. Progress and Sustainable Energy (Wiley), The Open Catalysis Journal (Bentham), Energy and Fuel (ACS), Colloid and Surfaces A (Elsevier), Chemical Physics Letters (Elsevier), Chemical Papers (Springer), J. Rare Earths (Elsevier), J. Ind. Chem. Soc. (Elsevier), Catalysis Letters (Springer), ChemistrySelect (Wiley), Materials (MDPI), Inorganic Chemistry Communication (Elsevier), Chemosphere (Elsevier), Heliyon (Elsevier)
1. Orientation Course of 28 days (16 Dec'2012 to 12 Jan'2013) at Academic Staff College, Gauhati University.
2. Refresher Course in Chemistry of 21 days (11 Oct to 1 Nov'2014) at Academic Staff College, Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi.
3. Special Winter Course on Research Methodology equivalent to Refresher Course of 21 days (29 Jan to 18 Feb'2016) at HRD Centre, Gauhati University.
4. Professional Development Training of 5 days (14 to 18 Dec'2017) at IIM Raipur.
5. e-Workshop (FDP) on "Electrochemical Energy Storage Devices" at IIT Delhi (5days; 7 to 11 Dec, 2020)