MSc (Gauhati) PhD (Gauhati)
Operation Research, Queuing Theory, Sample Survey
Department of Statistics
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
HSLC, 2000, T.C. Govt. & H.S. M.P. High School.
HS, 2002, Cotton College
B.Sc.,2005, Arya Vidyapeeth College
M.Sc., 2007, Gauhati University
Ph.D., 2012, Gauhati University
M.Sc. 1st Semester:
STA: 1046: Sample survey
M.Sc. 2nd Semester
STA 2056: Practical on Estimation Theory
M.Sc. 3rd Semester:
STA 3036: Group A: Stochastic Processes
STA 3056: Practical on Power Curve and Time series Analysis
M.Sc. 4th Semester:
STA 4026: Operations Research: Game Theory
STA 4036: Demography
STA 4046: Operations Research II (Reliability)
STA 4056: Project
Ph.D. Course Work:
Paper I: Research methodology.
Awarded Ph.D. on the topic "An Investigation into Customers behaviour in Queues'" in 2012 by Gauhati University.
1. Choudhury, A and Medhi, P. (2010). Analysis of Customer Impatience in Multi server Queues. Journal of Applied Quantitative Methods, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp: 181-198.
2. Choudhury, A and Medhi, P. (2011). A Simple analysis of Customer Impatience in Multi server Markovian Queue. International Journal of Applied Management Science, Vol. 3, No.3, pp: 294-315.
3. Choudhury, A and Medhi, P. (2011). Balking and Reneging in Multi server Markovian Queueing System. International Journal of Mathematics in Operational Research, Vol. 3, No.4, pp: 377-394.
4. Choudhury, A and Medhi, P. (2011). Some aspects of Balking and Reneging in finite buffer queue. RAIRO Operations Research, Vol. 45, No.3, pp: 223-240.
5. Medhi, P. and Choudhury, A. (2012). Aspects of impatience in a Finite Buffer Queue. RAIRO Operations Research, Vol. 46, No.3, pp: 189-209.
6. Medhi, P. and Choudhury, A. (2012). A Few words on M/EK/1/1 Queuing model with Reneging Customer. International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistical Sciences, Vol.1, No.1, pp: 1-7.
7. Choudhury, L., Bhagawati, B. and Medhi, P. (2012). Assessment of factors influencing Reproductive health of women of slum and non slum areas of Guwahati City. Indian Journal of Maternal and Child Health, Vol. 14, No.1, pp: 1-9.
8. Medhi, P. and Choudhury, A. (2013). Reneging in Queues without waiting space. International Journal of Research in Applied, Natural and Social Sciences, Vol. 1, No.3, pp: 111-124.
9. Choudhury, A and Medhi, P. (2013). Customers Impatience in a Service Facility with limited waiting space. International Journal of mathematics in Operational Research, Vol.5, No. 3, pp: 387-406.
10. Choudhury, A and Medhi, P. (2013). Performance Evaluation of a Finite Buffer system with Varying rates of Impatience. iSTATiSTik: Journal of Turkish Statistical Association, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp: 42-55.
11. Choudhury, A and Medhi,P. (2016). Modelling Customers Impatience in M/M/1 Queue under General Reneging Distribution. Journal of Assam Science Society, Vol 57, No. 1 & 2, pp:90-107.
12. Medhi, P. and Choudhury, A. (2017). Customers Impatience in Multi server Queues. International Journal of Science and Research, Vol 8, No.1, pp: 435-444.
13. Medhi, P. (2020). Modelling Balking and reneging in Queues. International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts, Vol. 8, Issue 7, pp: 274-286.
14. Medhi, P. and Choudhury, A. (2020). Perspective on Balking and Reneging in M/M/1/k Queues. International Journal of Advance Research, Vol. 8, Issue 6, pp: 352-362.
15. Medhi, P. (2020). A Simple ANalysis of Customers Behaviour on M/M/1/k Queues. Bulletin of Mathematics and Statistics Research, 2020, Vol.8, Issue 2, pp: 49-63.
16. Saikia, G., Medhi,P. and Choudhury, A. (2020). Analysing Impatience in Multiserver Markovian Queues. International Journal of Supply and Operations Management, Vol. 7, Issue 4, pp: 310-321.
17. Medhi, P. (2021). Some Aspects of Customers' Impatience with varying rates of Reneging. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 14, Issue 9, pp: 1-9.
18. Medhi, P. (2021). Modeling Customers' Impatience with Discouraged Arrival and retention of Reneging. Operations Research and Decisions. (Accepted for publication in the 3rd edition of 2021.)
19. Medhi, P. and Choudhury, A. (2021). Analysis of a Finite Buffer Queuing System with Varying Rates of Reneging. Advances and Applications in Mathematical Sciences. (Accepted for Publication).
1. Former Assistant Professor, Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, Tezpur University (2012-2015).
2. Former Assistant Professor, Dept. of Statistics, Cotton University (2015-2017).
3. Assitant Professor, Dept. of Statistics, Gauhati University (2017-till date)
1. Analysis in Queues
2. Operations Research