MSc (Gauhati) PhD (IISc, Bangalore) Postdoctoral Fellow (Max-Planck Institute, Göttingen)
NMR Methodology, Plant Metabolomics, MRI Contrast Agents and Computational Chemistry
Department of Chemistry
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
1. NMR Spectroscopy
2. Molecular Spectroscopy
3. Physical methods in Organometallic Chemistry
4. Clinical radiology in Bioinorganic Chemistry
The primary means for our research is nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy, a technique that delivers many vital observables that are a beautiful blend of biology, chemistry, and physics. Current research interests in the lab include, but are not limited to:
1. Insight into Old and New Pure Shift NMR methods for Enantiodiscrimination. Nath, N.; Bordoloi, P.; Barman, B.; Baishya, B.; Chaudhari, S. R. Magn. Reson. Chem. 2018, DOI: 10.1002/mrc.4719
2. Real Time Band Selective F1-decoupled Proton NMR for the Demixing of Overlay Spectra of Chiral Molecules. Nath, N.; Verma, A.; Baishya, B.; Khetrapal, C. L. Magn. Reson. Chem. 2017, 55, 553.
3. Determination of Relative Configuration from Residual Chemical Shift Anisotropy. Nath, N.; Schimdt, M.; Gil, R. R.; Williamson, R. T.; Martin, G. E.; Navarro-Vázquez, A.; Griesinger C.; Liu, Y. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 9548.
4. Long-range Residual Dipolar Couplings: A Tool for Determining the Correct Configuration of Small Molecules. Nath, N.; d'Auvergne, E. J.; Griesinger, C. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 12706.
5. Measurement and Applications of Long-range Heteronuclear Scalar Couplings: Recent Experimental and Theoretical Developments. Nath, N.; Lokesh; Suryaprakash, N. ChemPhysChem 2012, 13, 645.
6. C-HETSERF: Distinction of Cis/Trans-Isomers and Measurement of Long Range Couplings between Chemically Equivalent Nuclei in Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons. Choudhari, S. R.; Nath, N.; Suryaprakash, N. RSC Advances 2012, 2, 12915.
7. Spin State Selective Correlation Experiment for the Measurement of Long-range J-couplings and the Assignment of (R/S)-Enantiomers from the Residual Dipolar Couplings and DFT. Nath, N.; Suryaprakash, N. J. Phys. Chem. B 2011, 115, 6868.
8. Application of Selective F1-Decoupled 1H NMR for Enantiomer Resolution and Accurate Measurement of Enantiomeric Excess at Low Chiral Substrate/Auxiliary Concentration. Nath, N.; Kumari, D.; Suryaprakash, N. Chem. Phys. Lett. 2011,502,149.
9. Quantification of Enantiomeric Excess by 1H-Detected Heteronuclear Refocusing and Homonuclear Multiple Quantum NMR Experiments. Nath, N.; Suryaprakash, N. Chem. Phys. Lett. 2011, 502, 136.
10. Enantiodiscrimination and Extraction of Short and Long range Homo- and Hetero-nuclear Residual Dipolar Couplings by a Spin Selective Correlation Experiment. Nath, N.; Suryaprakash, N. Chem. Phys. Lett. 2010, 496, 175.
11. Demixing of Severely Overlapped 1H NMR Resonances and Interpretation of Anomalous Intensity Pattern of Dipolar Coupled A3 Spins in a Weakly Aligning Medium. Nath, N.; Suryaprakash, N. J. Magn. Reson. 2010, 207, 190.
12. Selective Detection of Single-Enantiomer Spectrum of Chiral Molecules Aligned in the Polypeptide Liquid Crystalline Solvent: Transition Selective One Dimensional 1H-1H COSY. Nath, N.; Suryaprakash, N. J. Magn. Reson. 2010, 202, 34.
13. Chiral Analysis Using 1H NMR: Developments and Applications of Novel Experimental Techniques. Nath, N.; Baishya, B.; Suryapraksh, N. Future Directions of Magnetic Resonance, Springer, 2010, 149.
14. One and Two Dimensional Single Quantum and Multiple Quantum NMR Methodologies: Tools for Chiral Analysis. Nath, N.; Hebber, S.; Prabhu, U. R.; Suryapraksh, N. Jl. Ind. Inst. Sci. 2010, 90, 1.
15. Visualization of Enantiomers using Natural Abundant 13C-filtered Single and Double Quantum Selective Refocusing Experiments: Application to Small Chiral Molecules. Nath, N.; Baishya, B.; Suryapraksh, N. J. Magn. Reson. 2009, 200, 101.
1. Annesha Kar (Jan - Jun 2018)
Project title: NMR based plant metabolic profiling and quantification of Garcinia Pedunculata
2. Chayanika Hazarika (Jan - Jun 2018)
Project title: Integrated NMR and DFT based methodologies for configuration analysis
3. Moina Doley (Jan - Jun 2018)
Project title: Mn based MRI contrast agents
1. Pure Shift NMR Methods for the Enantiodiscrimination in Chiral Anisotropic Media (2017-2019, UGC-BSR Start-Up-Grant)
2. Development of residual chemical shift anisotropy based NMR methods for determination of small molecule constitutions and configurations (2018-2021, Early Career Research Award, DST-SERB)