LLB (Gauhati) MCom (Gauhati) PhD (Gauhati)
Department of Commerce
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
Lecturer of Gauhati Commerce College from 1978 to 1988.
Lecturer in the Deptt of Commerce, Gauhati University for 7 years (1988-1996)
Promoted to the position of Reader in 1996.
Promoted to the position of Professor in 2005.
H.O.D of Deptt of Commerce,G.U. from January 2009 to January 2012.
Dean, Faculty of Commerce ,Gauhati University from March 2009 to January 2012.
Academic Registrar i/c for four month from December 2014 to March 2015.
Member of Academic council,Gauhati University since 2005 till date.
Member of Gauhati University court for 2 years.
Member of Board of studies for 3 years each under Dibrugarh University,Assam University and Mizoram University.
Associated as a Guest Faculty for 10 years in coaching of student of Assam Institute of Management for company secretary course, cost Accountancy Course,
Tea Garden welfare officer course etc.
Member of the Governing Body of Dispur college & G.I.M.T. for three years.
Currently working as a Member of the Governing Body of Gauhati Commerce College..
Acted as a HOD i/c and Dean of The Faculty of Law of Gauhati University for a brief stint in 2010.
Appointed as member of Expert Committee for the evaluation of all minor and major research project awarded by UGC in 2012.
Associated with confidential work of UPSC,APSC,TamilnaduPublic Service Commission ,Punjab Public service commission,Arunachal Pradesh P.S.C at various times.
Expert committee Member of state selection Board ,Assam constituted by the Govt. of Assam in 2010.
Acted as Member of Selection Committee of various colleges under Gauhati University and for different Universities of North-East India.
Acted as a Member of Various Enquiry committee constituted by the Gauhati University and other colleges of Guwahati.
Executive member of Indian Commerce Association from 2006 to 2008
Member Executive Council of Gauhati University 2009 to 2012
Member Selection Committee of Principals of Various provincialised Colleges of Assam
Awarded with the prestigious honour of Indian Commerce Association Fellow 2006 at Vishakhapatnam.
Introduced integrated courses in Deptt of Commerce,G.U. in 2009 during 1st year of my headship under the name & style of 5 years integrated M.Com course. The course has been proved to be
highly successful and effective in revenue generation for the University also.
.Acted as Chairperson of UGC/ICSSR Sponsored National Seminar in North East Region in more than 10 seminars
. Delivered speeches as Keynote Speaker ion UGC sponsored National seminar on Consumer Awareness at Rangapara College on NOv 17,2017.
Successfully guided 15 number of PhD Scholars who obtained degrees under my supervision as Guide
Thesis Examiner of Various National and North East Universities for the last 15 Years
Nominated to the membership of Executive Council and the court of Manipur University by the Honourable VIsitor(President Of India)
Delivered S K Dey memorial Annual Lecture at Icon Commerce College, Guwahati on Feb,8,2019
UGC Major Research Project completed in 2011(2007to 2010) on “Entrepreneurship in North East India”.
ICSSR Project completed on Labour Migration in the Unorganised Sector in Assam” in 2009 to 2011.
Indian Commerce Association.New Delhi
Indian Society of Labour Economics,New Delhi.
North-East Association of Commerce and Management.
“Social Security and Labour Welfare in India”, Publisher – APH publishing corporation, New Delhi 1995,ISBN 81-7024-675-x.
“Marketing of processed Fruit and Vegetable”, Publisher – Daya publishing House,New Delhi 2006,ISBN81-7035-365-3(Co-author).
“Business Process Outsourcing”, Publisher – Daya publishing House,New Delhi 2009,ISBN 978-81-7035-596-0(Co-edited).
“Company Aain”, Publisher – Gauhati university publication board 1992,(co-author).
“Women Entrepreneurship (Co-authored)”, Publisher – A. P. H. Publishing Corporation, 2005
"Trade and Industries of Assam during the Ahom reign" , Akanksha Publishers,2019 (Co-authored)
50 number of papers published in various journal, books and conference proceeding and presented seminar paper in more than 30 National/international level seminar.
" Role of SHG in the Development of Woman Entrepreneurship in Baksa District Of BTAD",International Journal of Management studies,UGC approvedReferred Journal,2018
1. “Entrepreneurship in Fish Farming: A study on Problems and Prospects for Fist Farmers in Nagaon District of Assam”, (2017) published in the Book Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development SSDN Publishers and Distributors, ISBN 9879383576081
2. “Impact of Healthcare Utilities and Law and Order Conditions on Tourism: A study on Community Based Tourism in North East India”, International Journal of Tourism and Travel volume 9, Issue 1 & 2, 2016 ISSN 09742603
3. “Corporate Social Responsibility Norms in Tea Industry of Assam with Secial Reference to Select Tea Estate”, Published in Journal of Management Outlook, volume-5, Number-1, January-June, 2015, ISSN 22311769.
4. “A study on the Working ad Contribution of Trade Unions for Promotion of Industrial Relations in APDCL with special reference to Assam Power Distribution Company Ltd.” Published in UTKARSH, ISSN 23478381, Vol-14, No.-1, December, 2015
5. “Scope and Implication of Look East Policy: An Analytical Study” published in a book ‘Look East Policy’ , ISBN 978938486986-1, Dept. of Commerce, North Eastern Hill University, Tura Campus, Meghalaya, 2015
6. “Transformation of Rural Markets in Assam with special reference to Fast moving Consumer Goods”, Published in a Book Published by D.K.D. College, Dergaon, Assam, ISBN 9788192438993 in 2014.
7. “Migrant Labour Population and their Socio-Economic impact on Population: A study in Kamrup (M) District”, published in ‘KANGLEIPAK business Review by the Manipur University, Imphal in 2014, ISSN 09753656.
8. “Evolution of Trading Points in Heritage Guwahati” published in 2013 in VANIJYA, Vol 23 by Dept. of Commerce, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, Assam.
9. “Internal and External Trade during the Region of the Ahoms” published in GU journal of Commerce, Vol-XVII, 2014.
10. “National Health Care Policy and its Implementation in Assam”published in ‘Baniz, ISBN 9789382723042 by Sibasagar Commerce College, Assam.