MA (Gauhati) PhD (Gauhati)
Department of Sanskrit
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
PH. D AWARDED : 11
PH.D ONGOING : 4
M.PHIL AWARDED :17 (MIL and Sanskrit)
Ph.D Research Scholars
1. Madhurima Barua (2005) : Mystic Elements in the Writings of Padmanath Gohainbarua
2. Kalpita Bujarbarua (2006) : Bana's Kadambari- A Socio-Cultural Study
3. Anupama Deka Barua (2007) : Bagmibar Nilamani Phukanar Jivan aru Sahityakrti- Eti Samiksatmak Adhyayan
4. Jagdish Sarma (2008) : Prajapati in the Vedic and Puranaic Literature- A Study
5. Dakseshwar Deka (2010) : Studies in the Taittiriya Upanisad
6. Ratul Sarma (2014) : The Gautamadharmasutra - A Study
7. Barnali Deka (2015): A Socio-Cultural Study of the Rgvedasamhita
8. Mausumi Goswami (2015) : The Agnipurana: A Comprehensive Study
9. Rupsmita Buzarbarua (2017) : The Tenth Mandala of the Rgveda
10. Nabanita Kalita (2018) : The Vyavaharadhyaya of the Yajnavalkyasmiti : A Comprehensive Study
11. Pranab Jyoti Deka (2018) : Women in the Atharvavedasamhita : A Study
1. Sahitya Vitana (A Collection of Research papers written in Assamese based on Vedic And Classical Sanskrit Literature), published by Publication Board assam, Guwahati, 2008. This book is recommended as Reference Book in Assamese M.A. Second Semester Course (for Sanskrit Texts)
2. Orient Thought and Culture through the Ages, ISBN: 978-93-80651-29-9, published by Vidyanidhi Prakashan, New Delhi, 2017.
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
1. Four Chapters (21st, 23rd, 24th, and 26th) of the Suklayajurvedasamhita are translated into Assamese and incorporated in the book Suklayajurveda, edited by Prof. A.K. Goswami and Prof. K. Sarma, Arya Samaj Mandir, Guwahati, 1995.
2. Authored the Study Materials for M.A. Programme in Sanskrit under the Gauhati University Institute of Distance and Open Learning.
3. One Chapter, Teacher-Pupil Relationship in the Vedic era- An Appraisal, Priyamsudarpanah, Mirror of Indic Wisdom, P.P. Upadhyaya Commemoration Volume, 2013
4. One Chapter, Vedic References in the Works of Banabhatta-A Study, Mukundamukurah, Reflections of Indic Light, Prof. Mukunda Madhava Sharma Commemoration Volume, 2014.
5. One Chapter, The Mahabharata: An Encyclopedia of Indian Wisdom, Thoughts and Cuture: A Masterpiece; Apurvajyotih Glimpses of Indic Light (Prof. A.C. Barthakuria Felicitation Volume), edited by Prof Nalini Devi Misra, Pratibha Prakashan.
6. One Chapter, Daksina in the Vedic Sacrifices, Vedic Investigations edited by Petteri Koskikallio and Asko Parpola, Motilal Banarsidass Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
7. One Chapter, Some Observations on the Context of Vedadhyana, i.e. the Study of the Vedas in the Pratisakhyas, Vedalaksana Texts: Search and Analysis edited by Prof. N. Bandyopadhyay, National Mission for Manuscripts, 2017.
8. One Chapter, Epic Influence on the Assamese Manasa Kavyas, Anvesa (The Epics in the North-East) edited by Prof. S. Chakravarty and Prof. S. Purkayastha, Pratibha Prakashan, 2017
Name : MANJULA DEVI
Father's Name : SRI PRABHAT CHANDRA SARMA
Nationality : INDIAN
Date of Birth : 01.03.1959
Designation : Professor and Head, Department of Sanskrit, Gauhati University
Specialisation : VEDIC AND PURANIC LITERATURE
Contact Nos. : 81359 57219, 98640 42314
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : Qrs No 136, Gauhati University Campus, Guwahati- 781014, Assam
HSLC (1974) : SEBA (1st Division-72.6%, Letter Marks in Mathematics and Sanskrit)
PU (1976) : G U (1st Division- 71.8%)
B.A. (1978) : G U (1st Class 1st Position in Sanskrit Honours-70.1%; BEST ARTS GRADUATE OF 1978)
M.A. (1980) : G U (1st Class 1st Position in Sanskrit- 74.9% ; AWARDED THE UNIVERSITY GOLD MEDAL,SARAT CH GOSWAMI MEMORIAL GOLD MEDAL, and DR. JOGIRAJ BASU MEMORIAL GOLD MEDAL)
Ph.D (1991) : G U (Title of the Thesis: Visnu in the Vedic and Puranic Literature) (AWARDED UGC JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP)
Lecturer in Arya Vidyapeeth College, Guwahati : 1 Jan 1986 to 11 Sep 1986
Lecturer in MIL, Gauhati University : 12 Sep 1986 to 31 May 1995
Reader in MIL, Gauhati Univesity : 1 June 19995 to 8 Aug 1999
HoD in MIL, Gauhati University : 1 May 1997 to 8 Aug 1999
Reader in Sanskrit, Gauhati University : 9 Aug 1999 to 13 Dec 2009
Professor in Sanskrit, Gauhati University : 14 Dec 2009 onwards
HoD in Sanskrit, Gauhati University : 1 Sep 2015 till date