MSc (Gauhati) PhD (NEHU)
Animal Physiology and Biochemistry
Department of Zoology
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
1.Manas Das, Bodhisattwa Banerjee, Mahua G. choudhury, Nirmalendu saha (2013) Environmental hypertonicity causes induction of Gluconeogenesis in the Air breathing Singhi Catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis. PLOS ONE Volume 8 Issue 12 e85535 Imact factor 3.42
2.Saha N., Jyrwa L.M. Das M, and Biswas K. (2011). Influences of incresed envirnmental water salinity on gluconeogenesis in the air breathing catfish Clarias Barachus Fish Physiology and Biochemistry., 37: 681-692. Impact factor 1.72
3.Das M., Bhatttacharjee, S and Nath N., (2015) Sublethal toxic effect of cadmium heavy metals in situ exposure of fresh water mud eel Monopterus cuchia (Hamilton 1822). Tropical Zoology, Vol 5 pg 75-85
4.Das M., Rahman, S and Koch, B.C., (2015) Insitu effect of copper heavy metals toxicity i fresh water mud eel Monopterus cuchia (Hamilton 1822). Tropical Zoology 2015 Vol 5 pg 136-149
5.Manas Das., Khushnuma Ahmed, Nitul Ali, Anuradha Kalita and Leena Das (2017) Toxicological responses of the freshwater fish Channa punctatus on exposure to Nickel BIOSCAN 12 (3): 1531-1536.
6. Priyambada Chutia and Manas Das (2018) Review Article Aquaporins: Structure and Physiology in Fish Journal of Bioresources 5(1): ......-......(2018)
7. Manas Das*, Khusnuma Ahmed, Anuradha Kalita, Leena Das, Pritimoni Das (2018) Studies on toxicological responses of the herbicide Paraquat dichloride on Monopterus cuchia (Hamilton) International journal of Bioscience
8.Amilee Konwar, Manas Das, Debjani Dey, Priyamada Chutia (2018). Effect of Altered pH on Antioxidant Defence System of Monopterus cuchia (Hamilton, 1822) in Ex-situ Modulated Environment pH condition. Journal of Bioresources 5(1):56-64. ISSN 2394-4315.
9. Archana Saikia, Manas Das, Queen Saikia (2018). Hepatoprotective potential of the methanolic extract of Colocasia esculenta on iron overload induced mice. Medicinal plants-International Journal of Phytomedicines and Related Industries. 10(3):243-251. ISSN 0975-4261.
10. Leena Das, Manas Das, Anuradha Kalita (2018). Toxic Effect of Glyphosate Based Herbicide on Antioxidant defense system and Heat Shock Protein 70 expression in Monopterus cuchia (Hamilton). 20(3):278-290.
11. Panchamita Basumatary, 1,2Manas Das, 3Pranjan Barman and 1Manisha Choudhury Molecular Docking Study of 2, 3-Dimethylmaleic Anhydride (3, 4-Dimethyl-2, 5-Furandione) as Anti-inflammatory Agent Trends in Bioinformatics DOI: 10.3923/tb.2018.
12. Quin Saikia, Manas Das and Archna Saikia (2019) Hepatoprotective Role of Phlogacanthus thyrsiflorus Nees. as a Potential Iron Chelating Drug International Journal of Pharmacology, Phytochemistry and Ethnomedicine ISSN: 2297-6922, Vol. 12, pp 12-22
13. Anuradha Kalita and Manas Das (2020) EXPRESSION OF STRESS RESPONSE GENES IN MUD-DWELLING STINGING CATFISH Heteropneustes fossilis DURING EXPOSURE TO A DRYING MUD-BED Applied Biological Research 22(2) (2020) 174-183 DOI: 10.5958/0974-4517.2020.00021.X
14.Manas Das and Aashis Dutta (2020) Expression patterns of different isoforms of aquaporins in isoproterenolinduced myocardial infarction model in rat treated with Terminalia arjuna Bark extract Medicinal Plants 12 (2), June 2020, 265-274 doi : 10.5958/0975-6892.2020.00035.0
15. Pritimoni das, Manas Das, Priymabada chutia and Anuradha Kalita (2020)Studies on Toxicological Effect of the Herbicide Paraquat Dichloride on the Air Breathing Singhi Catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis (Bloch) Proceedings of the Zoological Society 3 September 2020 ISSN 0373-5893 Proc Zool Soc DOI 10.1007/s12595-020-00346-2
16.Priyambada Chutia, Manas Das, Daisy Brahma (2020) Effect of Altered pH on the Transcription of Aquaporins in Stinging Catfish Heteropneustes, Journal of Bioresources, 7(1): (2020) 28-36, Print: ISSN 2394-4315 Online: ISSN 2582-2276 DOI: 10.17605/OSF.IO/B5XJ7
17. Tanushree Purkayshta, Manas Das and Deepshikha Keot (2020) Stress induced transcriptional activation of hif-1α and hsp-70 genes in air-breathing singhi catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis” 7(2): (2020) 41-48 Print: ISSN 2394-4315 Online: ISSN 2582-2276
1. Project titled:: Toxic effect of Paraquat on Immunological parameters in the singhi catfish Heteropneustes fossilis. Funding Agency UGC BSR sanction No.F.30-316/2016/(BSR). Amount: 6 lakh.
2. Project Titled: Environmental hypertonicity, and expression of different isoforms of aquaporin in air breathing singhi catfish Heteropneustes fossilis. Funding agency DST SERB ECR/2016/000809 dated 7th March 2017 Amount: 5404520/
3. Project Titled: The present status of diversity and abundance of zooplankton communities in the deepor Beel (Ramsar site) of Assam North East India. Funding Agency: DBT Foldscope programme No. BT/IN/Indo-US/Foldscope/39/2015 dated 15th April 2018 Amount: 8.00 lakh
4. Project Titled: To study the influence of climate and season in innate immunity within Native Populations of Endemic Silkworm Antharea assamensis Funding Agency: Gauhati University, GU/Acad/YFPGC/50/2018/1738-79, Dated 20/03/2018, Amount 1.50 lakh
1. FJ409641.1 Saha, N., Biswas, Das K., Das M., and Keshan, B Heteropneustes fossilis beta actin mRNA liver, partial cds 216 bp
2. FJ594279 Saha, N., Das, M Bisws Das, and Keshan, B Heteropneustes fossilis PEPCK mRNA liver, partial cds 216 bp
3. GQ860954 Sha, N., Das, M, Biswas Das, K Heteropneustes fossilis Fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase m RNA liver, partial cds 315 bp
4. GU131155 Saha, N., Das, M., Biswas Das, K Heteropneustes fossilis Glucose-6-phosphatase mRNA liver partial cds 565 bp.
5. GU 2382681 Saha, N., Das, M, Biswas Das, K Clarias garipineus Glucose-6-phosphatase mRNa liver partial cds 585 bp.
6. GU266770 Saha, N., Gupta Choudhury, M., Banerjee, B. and Das, M Heteropneustes fossilis neuronal nitric oxide synthease in liver partial cds 612 bp
7. GU322465 Saha, N., Gupta Choudhury, M., Bnerjee, B and Das, M Heteropneustes fossilis NOS2 in liver partial cds 540 bp
8. GU253692 Saha, N., Gupta Choudhury, M., Banerjee, B and Das, M Heteropneustes fossilis endothelial nitric oxide synthetase in liver partial cds 395 bp.
• DST EARLY CARRIER RESEARCH AWARD IN 2017
• Best employee Award in Forensic Science Laboratory, Assam Kahilipara in 2009
• Best oral presenter in 4th International Conference on Environmental and Ecolo gy, Gauhati University, Guwahati 12th-14th, February, 2018
• Training course on Gene Cloning, Protein Biochemistry, Structural Biology and Bioinformatics, Supported By DBT, Held on ACTREC MUMBAI, 18th -29th DEcember 2017
• National Workshop on Translational research on Natural Products for therapeutics Uses: North East Chapter, IAAST, Guwahati, Assam, 21st November, 2017.
• Training programmes on Confocal Laser Microscopy and its Application, Hewld on Guwahati Biotech Park 2nd and 3rd November, 2017
• Workshop on Biomolecular Interaction and dynamics, BIF, College of Veterinary Science, AAU from 3rd to 6th January, 2017
• Orientation Programme organized by UGC HRDC Gauhati University from 19th to 15th February 2017
• Application of Bioinformatics in Sequence analysis, Phylogenetics and Protein Homology Modelling Organised by BIF, Gauhati University, Department of Zoology, 10th-12th March 2017
• Training on Basic Techniques in the field of Animal Cell culture at Bose Institute Molecular Medicine Laboratory, From 16th to 29th Jul;y, 2016
• Training programmes on Homology modelling, protein ligand interaction and Docking orgainsed by by BIF Gauhati University, From 14th -16th February 2016
• Training programmes on Homology modelling, protein ligand interaction and Docking organised by BIF, AAU Assam, 28th -31st January 2016
• Training and Workshop on 30th AW and 50th International water Bird census and identification, Organised byCentre for Animal Ecology and Wildlife biology, G.U. From 18th To 24th January, 2016
• National symposium on IPR in innovation and Enterpreneuship Organised by IIT, Guwahati, 16th March 2015
• 7 days Workshop cum Hands on training programme in the technique of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Organised by Department of Zoology, Gauhati University from 7th July to 13th July, 2015
• Workshop on Advances in Cancer research, DBT Centre B.BooroahCancer Research Institute and Cancer research Foundation, 10th September 2015
• XXIX BTISNet Annual Coordinator Meeting, held at MS University, Tirunelveli, Tamilnaidu, 3rd and 4th February, 2018.
• 10th NEBINet COORDINATOR meeting, Bioinformatics Centre, St Edmunds Coolege, 16th -17th November 2017
. • National Workshop on Translational research on Natural products for therapeutic uses: North East Chapter, held on IAAST, Guwahati, Assam, 21st November, 2017
• 62nd Annual Technical session cum National Seminar on Science and Technology Human Welfare, 27th February, 2017
• 9th Nebinet Coordinator Annual Meeting held on Tezpur University, 17th -19th January 2017.
• National seminar on integrated Approach in Zoological research and Biennial conference of Zoological Society of Assam, held on Department of Zoology, Gauhati University, Assam From 30th and 31st March 2017.
• National seminar on New Horizon in Zoological Research with special reference to aquacuture and Biodiversity, Department of Zoology, Gauhati University, Guwahati-14 from 14th and 15th March, 2016
• 4th International conference on Environment and Ecology, held on Gauhati university, Guwahati, 12th-14th February, 2018
. • International congress on molecular signalling held On NEHU, Organized by Cell signalling Society and Department of Zoology, NEHU, From 20-22nd November, 2015
1. Zoo-1064 Biochemistry (Theory)
2. Zoo-1072 Biochemistry (Practical)
3. Zoo-2024 Endocrinology (Theory)
4. Zoo-2044 Biotechnology and Animal Cell culture (Theory)
5. Zoo-2082 Biotechnology (Practical)
6. Zoo-3054 Reproductivorted bye Biology (Theory)
7. Zoo-3082 Reproductive Biology (Practical)
8. Zoo-4014 Biochemistry and Proteomics (Theory)
9. Zoo-4024 Enzymology and Recombinant technology (Theory)
10. Zoo-4054 Immunogy (Theory)
11. Zoo-4072 Biochemistry, reproductive biology, Enzymology and Immunology (Practical)
1. Co-coordinator, Bioinformatic facility, Department of Zoology, Gauhati University, Supported by DBT GOI
2. Co-Coordinator, Biotech Hub, Department of Biotechnology, Gauhati University, Supported by DBT, GOI
NAME: Dr. MANAS DAS
Corresponding Adress: Department of Zoology, Gauhati University, Guwahati-781014
Phone No: +919864827589
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Designation: Assistant Professor
Organization: Department of Zoology, Gauhati University, Guwahati
Specialization: Animal Physiology and Biochemistry
Date of Appointment to present Position: 01/12/2014
Total Experience in University: 3 years and 4 months
GQ860954 Sha, N., Das, M, Biswas Das, K Heteropneustes fossilis Fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase m RNA liver, partial cds 315 bp
GU131155 Saha, N., Das, M., Biswas Das, K Heteropneustes fossilis Glucose-6-phosphatase mRNA liver partial cds 565 bp.
GU 2382681 Saha, N., Das, M, Biswas Das, K Clarias garipineus Glucose-6-phosphatase mRNa liver partial cds 585 bp.
GU266770 Saha, N., Gupta Choudhury, M., Banerjee, B. and Das, M Heteropneustes fossilis neuronal nitric oxide synthease in liver partial cds 612 bp
GU322465 Saha, N., Gupta Choudhury, M., Bnerjee, B and Das, M Heteropneustes fossilis NOS2 in liver partial cds 540 bp
GU253692 Saha, N., Gupta Choudhury, M., Banerjee, B and Das, M Heteropneustes fossilis endothelial nitric oxide synthetase in liver partial cds 395 bp.