MSc (Delhi) PhD (Gauhati) Visiting Scientist (MIT, USA and ICTP, Italy)
High Energy Physics (Neutrino Physics, Dark Matter)
Department of Physics
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
Beyond Physics Activites
A. CBPR ( Community Based Participatory Research)
1. Attended 3-day Training Prograame of UGC, as Master Trainer, July 26-28, Held at Tezpur University, 2022.
2. Participated in Masters Training Programme of CBPR (Online) organised by UGC, 27.1.2022, and 15 Feb 2022.
1. Delivered talk as Resource Person, in Webinar to celebrate National Science Day, M.C. College Barpeta, Feb. 28, 2022, Topic - "Sustainable Develment - Challenges and Responsibilties"
2. Convener, Public Lecture organized by the Physical Society, GU, on 13.8.2021, topic - "Evolving Strategies and adopting new Technologies for Sustainable Modern University Campus".
3. Acted as Resource person at the FIP-4 (Faculty Improvement Programme), organised by the HRDC, Gauhati University, September 2021, Topic - Relevance of Ancient Indian Knowledge System in current times - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uH1ZmuWiFM4sHvNhQQ90WN0T4Eyx8Qvu/view?usp=sharing.
4. Kalpana Bora, paper published at SSRN preprint server, July 2021: "Farmers' protests, Second COVID-19 wave in India, Elections and Kumbha Mela"
5. Kalpana Bora, research paper published at SSRN preprint sever : " Relevance of Ancient Indian Philosophy, Culture and Values in post COVID-19 pandemic Global Life"
Conferences/symposiums/Schools attended/paper presented
Lab incharge - Research Laboratory for High Energy Physics (RLHEP) since 2016 onwards
We mentor MSc and PhD students - to counsel, to give value education and moral support to them. We wish to give not only academic knowledge to our students, but also aim to support them beyond classroom. We aspire that our students become good Physicists, good and sensitive human beings, who can serve the society, country and mankind, and bring laurels to us, in the years to come...
Research papers published in Referred Journal (SCOPUS & WoS Indexed)
Conference Proceedings etc.
As per Google Scholar:
Total citations as on March 12, 2020: 244
Citations since 2015: 162
i10- index: 8
Place of Birth - Delhi, India
Father's name - Sh. Hind Kumar Vats
Mother's name - Smt. Kamla Devi
Religion - Hindu
Languages - Hindi, Sanskrit, Assamese, English
B.Sc and M.Sc. - Hansraj College, Delhi University (1986-1991)
|PhD in Physics||Gauhati University||2000|
|M.Sc.(Physics)||Hansraj College, Delhi University||1991|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Physics||Hans Raj College, Delhi University||1989|
|Class XII||Delhi Board of Secondary Education||1986|
|Class X||Delhi Board of Secondary Education||1984|
Permanent Teaching positions
1. Faculty at Gauhati University - 1.9.2006 onwards till date
2. Lecturer at Cotton College, Guwahati - 19.8.2004 to 31.8.2006
3. Lecturer at Jorhat Enginnering College, Jorhat - 1.9.2003-18.8.2004
Invited Talks/Resource person