MSc (Gauhati) PhD (IIT, Bombay)
Nanoelectronics and Nanotechnology
Department of Physics
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
Receiving the Young Scientist Award of Assam from Hon'ble Minister of Education of India 'Shri Dharmendra Pradhan' and Hon'ble Chief Minister of Assam 'Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma'
Research Associate, Jan 2016 - July 2016, Dept. of Physics, IIT Bombay
Ph.D., 2016, Dept. of Physics, IIT Bombay
M. Sc. in Physics, 2008, Gauhati University
B. Sc. in Physics, 2006, B. Borooah College
1. ‘Young Scientist Award’ of Assam 2020 in the Assam State Awards for Scientific Excellence -2020 given by the Science & Technology Department, Govt. of Assam.
(This award was given by the Hon'ble Minister of Education, India and Hon'ble Chief Minister of Assam)
2. ‘Young Achiever Award’, 2020 by awarded by Institute of Scholars.
3. Hindustan Times highlighted the research work on Low cost soil moisture sensor in 2019.
4. Early Career Research (ECRA) Award by DST-SERB, Govt of India in 2018.
5. UGC-BSR Research Start-Up grant by UGC, Govt of India in 2017.
6. Qualified CSIR-UGC NET in June-2009 with AIR-50 in Physical Sciences.
7. Qualified GATE-2009 with AIR-337 and percentile-93.72 in Physical Sciences.
8. Ministry of human resource development (MHRD) fellowship from Govt. of India while pursuing Ph.D. degree at IIT Bombay from Jan 2010- Dec 2015.
9. 2nd prize in Quiz competition in International Year of Physics (IYP), IIT Guwahati.
10. 3rd prize in Essay competition in International Year of Physics (IYP), Gauhati University.
1. Hemen Kalita, M. Aslam, ‘Filter adsorbent’ INDIAN PATENT (IPA No. 1626/MUM/2015)
2. Hemen Kalita, Vinay S Palaparthy, Maryam Shojaei Baghini, M. Aslam, ‘Soil Moisture Sensor Based on Electrochemically Synthesized Graphene Quantum Dots’ INDIAN PATENT (IPA No.2796/MUM/2015)
3. Hemen Kalita, Jeotikanta Mohapatra, Arijit Mitra, D. Bahadur and M. Aslam, ‘Method of synthesis of monodispersed graphene quantum dots’ INDIAN PATENT (IPA No. 2476/MUM/2015)
1. Rajesh Ghosh, Anurag Kashyap, Hemen Kalita, A facile heating method for the preparation of vertically oriented graphene nanosheets, 2022, (Application No. 202131061109)
2. Hemen Kalita, V. Palaparthy, M. S. Baghini, M. Aslam, Capacitive based graphene soil moisture sensor’. (E-11/88/2016/MUM)
3. Hemen Kalita, V. Palaparthy, M. S. Baghini, M. Aslam, Method for synthesis of graphene quantum dots'. (IPA No. TEMP/E-1/46254/2018-MUM)
4. S. Siddique, V. Palaparthy, Hemen Kalita, M. S. Baghini, M. Aslam, Method to fabricate graphene oxide based array sensing probe for monitoring in-depth soil moisture'. (IPA No. E-11/165/2019/MUM)
18. K. Patle, B. Dehingia, Hemen Kalita, V. Palaparthy, Highly Sensitive Graphene Oxide Leaf Wetness Sensor for Disease Supervision on Medicinal Plants, 2022, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, Impact factor: 6.8
17. H. Banik. S. Sarkar, F. Rahman, Hemen Kalita, D. Bhattacharjee, S. Hussain, RRAM and WORM memory devices using Protamine Sulfate and Graphene Oxide (2022), Material Today: Proceedings
16. M. S. Siddiqui, A. Mandal, Hemen Kalita, M. Aslam, Highly sensitive few layers MoS2 nanosheets as a stable soil moisture and humidity sensor. (2022) Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical. Impact factor: 7.34
15. R. Ghosh, M. Aslam, Hemen Kalita, Graphene derivatives for chemisresistive gas sensors: A review. (2022) Materials Today Communications. Impact factor: 3.31
14. M. S. Siddiqui, V. Palaparthy, Hemen Kalita, M. S. Baghini, M. Aslam, Graphene oxide array for in-depth soil moisture sensing toward optimized irrigation. (2020) ACS Applied Electronics Materials. Impact factor: 3.3
13. Hemen Kalita, V. Palaparthy, M. S. Baghini, Electrochemical synthesis of graphene quantum dots from graphene oxide at room temperature and its soil moisture sensing properties. (2020) Carbon. (As Corresponding Author) Impact factor: 9.6
12. Hemen Kalita, Himanshu Tyagi, M. Aslam, Surface tailored graphene oxide paper: An efficient filter for dye pollutants. (2020) Environmental Science: Water research & Technology. (As Corresponding Author) Impact factor: 4.22
11. Hemen Kalita, V. Palaparthy, M. S. Baghini, M. Aslam, Graphene oxide based soil moisture sensor for in situ agriculture applications. (2018) Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical. Impact factor: 7.34
10. F. J, Sonia, Hemen Kalita, M. Aslam, M. A. Mukhopadhyay, Correlations between preparation methods, structural features and electrochemical Li-storage behavior of reduced graphene oxide. (2017) Nanoscale. Impact factor: 7.79
9. H. Tyagi, T. Khan, J. Mohapatra, A. Mitra, Hemen Kalita, M. Aslam, The exclusive response of LSPR in uncapped gold nanoparticles towards silver ions and gold chloride ions. (2016) RSC Advances. Impact factor: 3.36
8. Hemen Kalita, V. Palaparthy, M. S. Baghini, M. Aslam, Graphene quantum dot soil moisture sensor. (2016) Sensors & Actuators B: Chemical. Impact factor: 7.34
7. Hemen Kalita, J. Mohapatra, A. Mitra, D. Bahadur, M. Aslam, Efficient synthesis of rice based graphene quantum dots and their fluorescent properties. (2016) RSC Advances. Impact factor: 3.36
6. Hemen Kalita, Harikrishnan V, M. Aslam, ‘Field Effect Transport Properties of Chemically Treated Graphene Quantum Dots’ (2014) International Journal of Nanotechnology. Impact factor: 1.80.
5. J Debgupta, S Mandal, Hemen Kalita, A Patra, M Aslam, K Vijayamohanan, Photophysical and photoconductivity properties of thiol functionalized graphene-CdSe QD composites, (2014) RSC Advances. Impact factor: 3.36
4. Abhishek Misra, Hemen Kalita, and Anil Kottantharayil, ‘Work Function Modulation and Thermal Stability of Reduced Graphene Oxide Gate Electrodes in MOS Devices’ (2013) ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. Impact factor: 9.229
3. Hemen Kalita, Harikrishnan V, Dhanraj B. Shinde, Vijayamohanan K. Pillai, M. Aslam, “Hysteresis and charge trapping in graphene quantum dots” (2013) Applied Physics Letters. Impact factor: 3.791
2. Abhishek Misra, A Janardanan, Hemen Kalita, Manali Khare, and Anil Kottantharayil ‘Reduced Multilayer Graphene Oxide Floating Gate Flash Memory With Large Memory Window and Robust Retention Characteristics’,(2013) IEEE Electron Device Letters. Impact factor: 4.5
1. Abhishek Misra, Mayur Waikar, Amit Gour, Hemen Kalita, Manali Khare, Mohammed Aslam and Anil Kottantharayil, “Work function Tuning and Improved Gate Dielectric Reliability with Multilayer Graphene as a Gate Electrode for Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Device Applications”,(2012) Applied Physics Letters. Impact factor: 3.791
1. M.Sc. Physics Semester I
2. M.Sc. Physics Semester II
3. M.Sc. Physics Semester III
4. M.Sc. Physics Semester IV
7. Teaching Assistantship for B. Tech 1st year Physics Lab course (PH 117) (for 5 semesters) and Nanoscience course (EP-439) for Dual degree students in the Department of Physics, IIT Bombay.
8. Teaching experience as a Lecturer, Department of Physics in 2008-09, B. Borooah College, Guwahati, Assam.
29. Invited speaker for a popular science talk on the occasion of World Environmental Day Celebration 2022 organized by Maharishi Vidya Mandir Sr. Secondary School, Guwahati.
28. Invited speaker in the webinar on 'Novel material graphene and its application' 2022 organized by the Dept of Physics, Royal Global University.
27. Invited to deliver a lecture in the One-week Training Program on "Opportunities for research and Innovation using the DST-sponsored facilities of Gauhati University" 2022 organized by the Department of Instrumentation & USIC, Gauhati University under the DST-STUTI program.
26. Resource person in the World Intellectual property day celebration 2022 organized by Gauhati University (Title: Nanotechnology based prototype for environmental applications).
25. Invited to deliver a talk on “Graphene derivatives for soil moisture sensing applications" as a resource person in the Short term course under AICTE-QIP scheme on Advanced materials on Environmental Sensors organized by IIT Indore
24. Invited to deliver a talk on the theme “Human capacity development” celebrating “Vigyan Utsav” as a part of Azadi ka amrit mahotsav organized by Assam Science Technology & Environment Council, DST, Govt. of Assam.
23. Invited to deliver talk on “Different routes of fabricating derivatives of graphene and its characterization” as a resource person in the AICTE ATAL Faculty Development Program FDP on "Progress in Novel two dimensional Materials" 2021 organized by Tripura University.
22. Invited speaker to deliver a talk on “Graphene derivatives for soil moisture sensing applications” in the 1st joint workshop on Environmental cyber physical systems (E-CPS) 2021 organized by Indo-South Korean Join Network Center at IIT Indore.
21. Invited to deliver a talk on “Graphene based derivatives as emerging two-dimensional material and its myriad potential applications" as a resource person in the AICTE ATAL Faculty Development Program FDP on "Novel Materials" 2021 organized by Tripura University.
20. Invited speaker to deliver a talk on “Graphene based derivatives for environmental monitoring and remediation" in a National Conference on Emerging Trends in Physics (NCETP) organized by the Department of Physics, Tezpur University.
19. Invited speaker to deliver a talk on “Next Generation NanoScale Devices” in a week-long Short-term Training Program on Nanotechnology (“AmazingNano-2021”) organized by Centre of Excellence in Nanotechnology and Department of ECE Assam Don Bosco University.
18. Invited speaker in the Student Interaction Program-2021 on ‘Physics and Innovations at Nanoscale’ organized by Dept. of Physics, Rangapara College.
17. Invited speaker in the Webinar on ‘Nanoelectronics and Nanosensors’ 2020 organized by Dept. of EIE, Narula Institute of Technology, Kolkata.
16. Resource person in the Faculty development AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Sensor Technology" organized by Department of Physics, Tripura University 2020. (Title: Graphene quantum dots based soil moisture sensor for agricultural applications)
15. Invited speaker in the National E-Conference on Researches In Science & Technology (NCRST-2020) Organized Jointly by Department Of Physics, Women’s College, Agartala & Department Of Physics, Govt. Degree College, Dharmanagar. (Title: Graphene paper: An efficient filter for water pollutants)
14. Resource person in the National Webinar on ‘Nanotechnology: Graphene and its potential applications’ 2020 organized by Dept. of Physics and IQAC, Kokrajhar Govt. College.
13. Innovations at nano scale - Invited speaker at the 27th KVS Regional Level National Science Congress (NCSC) – 2019 held at KV Maligaon.
12. 'Graphene derivatives and its sensing applications' - Invited talk in National Conference on Condensed Matter Physics, CMDAYS 2018, University of Burdwan.
11. 'Basics of IC Fabrication' (2018) - Resource Person for the Sixth School on System Design using Microcontroller, Gauhati University organized by Dept of Instrumentation & USIC, Gauhati University.
10. Graphene - the miracle material, (2018) - Invited speaker in the Alumni Lecture Series, Dept. of Physics, B. Borooah College.
9. Graphene derivatives based humidity and soil mositure micro sensor', (2017) - Invited talk in the Dept of Instrumentation and USIC, Gauhati University.
19. Man of the Series in the S. N. Memorial Cricket Tournament (2021), Gauhati University.
18. Gold medal, Cricket, Winner in S. N. Memorial Cricket Tournament (2021), Gauhati University.
17. Silver medal, Cricket, Runner's-up in S. N. Memorial Cricket Tournament (2019), Gauhati University.
16. Silver medal, Cricket, Runner's-up in S. N. Memorial Cricket Tournament (2018), Gauhati University.
15. Gold medal, Cricket, Winner in S. N. Memorial Cricket Tournament (2017), Gauhati University.
14. Sports Color Award, 2015-16, Hostel-14, IIT Bombay.
Nanomaterials and Nanoelectronics laboratory (NAMONICS)
Group Leader: Dr. Hemen Kumar Kalita
1. Rajesh Ghosh (CSIR-UGC JRF)
Joined: July 2018
2. Biswajit Dehengia (DST-Inspire)
Joined: July 2018
3. Anurag Kashyap (DST-SERB Fellow)
Joined: July 2019
4. Rajnandan Lahkar
Joined: Feb 2022