MSc (Gauhati) PhD (IIT Delhi) Post Doctorate (IISER Mohali)
Inorganic Chemistry, Nanomaterials for Water Splitting and Water Purification
Department of Chemistry
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
Our major research objectives are listed below:
H-index: 11 Total Citations: 1259
1. "Innovations in Nanotechnology for Waterwater Treatment" published in Nanotechnology in water and wastewater treatment, ELSEVIER (2018) ISBN: 9780128139028
2. "Noble metals- metal oxide nanohybrids in humidity and gas sensing applications" published in Noble Metal-Metal Oxide Hybrid Nanoparticles: Fundamentals And Applications” ELSEVIER (2018) ISBN: 9780128141342
3. “Catalysis: Applications in Organic synthesis and Environmental remediation” Published by Assam Book Trust (2017). ISBN: 9788120288256
4. "Engineered Clay Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications" in the book "Engineered Nanomaterials for Innovative Therapies and Biomedicine", 2021. Published by Springer Nature.
5. "Application of Engineered Nanomaterials in Drug Delivery for Innovative Therapies and Biomedicine" in the book "Engineered Nanomaterials for Innovative Therapies and Biomedicine" 2021. Published by Springer Nature.
Patents and Technology Transfer:
1. “Development of cartridge for removal of Lanthanide ions from water.” Arabinda Baruah, M. Jha and A. K. Ganguli (Patent application number: 201711016720)
2. “New economical process for conversion of starch into water purification and field emission devices”. Arabinda Baruah, Ashok K. Ganguli*, Menaka Jha, Bharat Kumar, Santanu Ghosh and Debalaya Sarker (Submitted to Punjab State Council for Science & Technology, India on 02-03-2016, reference no. PSCST/1069)
3. “Low-cost route for the conversion of waste foodstuff to graphene oxide”. Arabinda Baruah, Heena Sammi, Menaka Jha*, INST Mohali, Technology transfer to National Thermal Power Corporation, Delhi (India) under progress.
List of publications in peer-reviewed journals:
1. Anindita Saikia
M.Sc. Project students:
1. Chinmoy Bhuyan
2. Jyotirekha Dutta
3. Amrit Jyoti Das
4. Hiyashree Dutta
5. Rashmita Kumar