Communication and Journalism
Department of Communication and Journalism
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
· Assistant Professor, Department of Communication and Journalism, Gauhati University
· Completed PHD in Assam Don Bosco University, Media Activism in India’s northeast: A post 1970’s comparative study of print and new media .
· News Reader in Doordarshan Kendra, Guwahati.
· Former Documentation and advocacy officer in Centre For Development Initiative,Azara.
· Worked as a faculty in the Asian Institute of Management Technology, Guwahati since October 2011 to February 2014.
· Worked as an Assistant Project Scientist in the Design Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahatifrom Oct 2010to Oct 2011.
· 1 year working experience as a correspondent in an English Daily, Eastern Chronicle in Guwahati.
· Worked as an internee in the National daily The Times of India for one month in Guwahati andregional dailyThe Assam Tribune for 15 days
· Did a documentation for the UNICEF on the ‘Red Ribbon Express’, Guwahati
· Workedas a freelance reporter in the business magazine Bazaar View,EclecticGuwahati.
· Workshop on Research Methodology conducted by ICSSR in Tezpur University, December, 2011.
· Workshop conducted by the UNICEF in Guwahati called,“ Media and Child Rights”
· Workshop on Disability conducted by Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Physically Handicapped held in the Deptt. of Mass Communication & Journalism, Tezpur University in December, 2007
· Workshop conducted by Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, Educational Resource Center on ‘Democratic Values – Youth and Democracy, 2004, Shillong
· Workshop conducted on Women and Media by AAEO cell, February 2008
· Workshop conducted on Community Communication by UNICEF, July 2007
· Workshop conducted on “Breaking the glass ceiling” by the AAEO cell of Tezpur University, 2008 organised by Indian Council of Social Science Resaerch, New Delhi
· Two day advanced training programme on ‘ Human Rights Awareness’ organised by AAEO cell, Tezpur University and National Human Rights Commission, new Delhi on November 14-15, 2008
· Two Days Sensitisation workshop on Media and Child Rights, June 5-7, 2009 organised by UNICEF
· Presented on Social and Behviourial Change Communictaion in NIPCD, Guwahati for anganwadi workers, November, 2021