MSc (Gauhati) PhD (Gauhati)
Algorithms, Data mining
Department of Computer Science
Gauhati University, Guwahati, 781014
1. Design of Algorithms for detection of Intelligent Plagiarism; International Journal of Applied Engineering Research; ISSN 0973-4562 Vol 13, No 9(2018) pp 7086-7091; with Dhrubajyoti Baruah.
2. An Incremental Algorithm for Mining Closed Frequent Intervals; Advanced Computational and Communication Paradigms; Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on ICACCP, year – 2017, Vol 2; pp 63-73; with Irani Hazarika
3. A New Categorical Data Clustering Technique Based on Genetic Algorithm, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research; year 2017; Vol 12(22), pp 12075-12082; with Irani Hazarika and Dulumoni Das
4. Design of a Weighted Meta Classifier for Imbalance Data Having Heterogeneous Features, IEEE Conference ICCUBEA 2016; with Irani Hazarika and Rupam Choudhury.
5. A genetic algorithm based clustering ensemble approach for categorical data; Proceedings of IEEE Indicom 2015;. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. IEEE Conference Publications, pg 1-6. Pub: IEEE, 17th - 20th Dec 2015. Elec ISBN 778-1-4673-7399-9; Elec ISSN 2325_9418 ; with Jyoti Prokash Goswami.
6. Mining Closed Intervals in an Interval Database: An Incremental Method; Proceedings of 2015 IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Communication Technologies Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, pp 655-659; with Mala Dutta and M. Dutta.
7. An Incremental approach for mining all Closed Intervals from an Interval Database; 2014 IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC 2014). 21-22 February 2014, Gurgaon, New Delhi, India. pp 529-532; with Nabajyoti Sarma.
8. Mining Local Association Rules from Temporal Data Set, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Vol 3776,(Proceedings of PReMI05 (International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence), IIT Delhi,India)2009; with Fokrul Alom et.al
9. Mining Calendar-Based Periodicities of Patterns in Temporal Data, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Vol 3776,(Proceedings of PReMI05 (International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence), IIT Delhi,India)2009, 576-582; with Mala Dutta.
10. Finding Calendar Based Periodic Patterns; Journal of Pattern Recognition Letters; Vol 29, Issue-9, 1st July 2008, 1274-1284; with F. A. Mazarbhuiya and H.K. Baruah.
11. An algorithm for discovering closed frequent item sets in a large database, Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Artificial Intelligence, Vol 18, No. 4, Dec 2006, 481-499; with N. G. Singh, S.R.Singh and Bhanu Prasad.
12. CloseMiner: Discovering frequent closed itemsets using frequent closed Tidsets, ICDM’05 (5th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining), Houston, Texas, USA, 27-30 Nov 2005; with G. Singh and S.R.Singh.
13. Finding locally and periodically frequent sets and periodic association rules; Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), Vol 3776,(Proceedings of PReMI05 (International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence), India)2005, 576-582; with F. A. Mazarbhuiya and H.K. Baruah.
14. QROCK: A quick version of the ROCK algorithm for clustering of Categorical data, Journal of Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol-26, Issue-15, Nov 2005, pp 2364-2373; with M. Dutta. and A.K. Puzari.
15. Analysis with Computable Real Numbers, Golden Jubilee Volume of Gauhati University Journal of Science, 1998,115-121; with M. Dutta.
16. Completeness of Computable Real numbers, Presented at the North-East Regional Conference on Mathematics, Assam Academy of Mathematics, April 1997; with M. Dutta.
17. Basis for a vector space generated by Hamiltonian Cycles in a graph, Theoretical Computer Science, Allied Publishers, Proceedings of the 6th National Seminar on Theoretical Computer Science, Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan, August 1996; with M. Dutta.
18. An improvement in the iterative step in Karmarkar’s algorithm for linear programming, Computer Systems and Applications, Recent Trends, E. Balaguruswamy ed., Tata McGraw Hill, 1990, 311-320; with M. Dutta.
19. Continuous formulations of the Hamiltonian Circuit Problem, Bose memorial Conference on Combinatorial Mathematics and Applications, ISI Calcutta, 1988; with M.Dutta
Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics, Assam Engineering College, Dec 1986 to Nov 1987.
Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science, Gauhati University, Nov 1987 to July 1994.
Reader in the Department of Computer Science, Gauhati University, July 1994 to August 2008.
Professor in the Department of Computer Science, Gauhati University, August 2008 till date.
Head, Dept of Computer Science: Sep 1997 to April 2017, Jan 2018 to December 2019.
Dean Faculty of Technology, G.U. - Dec 2014 to Feb 2016; March 2017 to April 2017.
Member, G.U. Court – Dec 2014 to Feb 2016
Life time member of Assam Academy of Mathematics.