Email : email@example.com
- Organic synthesis
- Homogeneous catalysis
- Heterogeneous catalysis
- Synthesis of Nanoparticles, Nanocatalyst
- Computational Organic Chemistry
- Quantum Chemistry
- Catalysis & Surface Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Represented the Indian delegation (as a mentor) for 47th International Chemistry Olympiad held at Baku, Azerbaizan, during 20-29 July 2015.
- Represented the Indian delegation (as a mentor) for 46th International Chemistry Olympiad held at Hanoi, Vietnam, during 20-29 July 2014.
- Best Chemistry Teacher Award for promotion of chemistry as a subject (Tata chemicals Ltd., Association of Chemistry Teachers-India, Confederation of Indian Industries and Royal Society of Chemistry, UK) (2013)
- Prof. H. C. Bhuyan award, Assam Science Society (2013)
- Bronze medal from the Chemical Research Society of India (2013)
- Syamasri Gupta Memorial Young Scientist Award 2011; Indian Society for Surface Science and Technology; (2011)
- B. M. Das Memorial Science Award (Dr. B. M. Das Memorial Trust, Guwahati, Assam), India (2009)
- J. N. Baruah Memorial Science Award, Assam Science Society; Jorhat Branch (2008)
- Most Cited Paper 2004-2007 award (Tetrahedron Letters) Elsevier, UK (2007)
- Ramanna Fellowship; Department of Science and Technology (DST), India (2007-2010).
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship for POST DOCTORAL RESEARCH, Germany (With Prof. Martin E. Maier, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany) (Jan 2002 – March 2003; Revisits: 2007 (July-Sept); 2009 (July-Sept); 2010 (June-July)
- Qualified National eligibility test (NET, CSIR category) for a fellowship for Ph. D. (JRF, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India, 1994 – 1999 )
- State Merit Scholarship, Government of Assam, India (1990-92)
Articles in Journals:
112. Bromine and bromoorganic compounds in organic synthesis. Saikia, I.; Borah, A. J.; Phukan, P. Chem. Rev. 2016, 116, 6837-7042.
111. A quick Chan-Lam C-N and C-S cross coupling at room temperature in presence of square pyramidal [Cu(DMAP)4I]I as catalyst. Roy, S.; Sarma, M. J.; Kashyap, B.; Phukan, P. Chem. Commun., 2016, 52, 1170-1173.
110. A metal free protocol for aminofunctionalization of olefins using TsNBr2. Rajbongshi, K. K.; Borah, A. J.; Chanu , L. D.; Roy, S.; Phukan, P. J. Org. Chem. 2016, 81, 5423-5432.
109. Theoretical Insights on the Interaction of N-Heterocyclic Carbenes with Tetravalent Silicon Reagents. Pathak, D.; Deuri, S.; Phukan, P. J. Phy. Chem. A 2016, 120, 128-138.
108. TsNBr2 mediated oxidative functionalization of alkynes. Rajbongshi, K. K.; Hazarika, D.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron 2016, 72, 4151-4158.
107. N,N-Dibromo-p-toluenesulfonamide (TsNBr2): A promising alternative bromo-organic compound (Account). Rajbongshi, K. K.; Borah, A. J.; Phukan, P. Synlett. 2016, 27, 1618-1634.
106. Poly (4-vinylpyridine-co-ethylvinylbenzene), as heterogeneous reusable catalyst for the synthesis of benzoyl fumarate. Kashyap, B.; Phukan, P. Monatsh. Chem., 2016, 147, 797-800.
105. DFT analysis of the nucleophilicity of substituted pyridines and prediction of new analogues having nucleophilic character stronger than 4-pyrrolidino pyridine. Deka, K.; Phukan, P. J. Chem. Sci. 2016,128, 633-647.
104. Unexpected C-C bond cleavage of α-nitroketone in presence of TsNBr2: a new pathway for C-N bond formation. Sarma, M. J.; Phukan, P. Synth. Commun. 2016 46, 257-262.
103. Formation of Cyclohepta[b]indole Scaffolds via Heck cyclization: A Strategy for Structural Analogues of Ervatamine Group of Indole Alkaloid. Goswami, P.; Borah, A. J.; Phukan, P. J. Org. Chem. 2015, 80, 438-446.
102. Metal free protocol for the synthesis of α-bromo ketones from olefins using TsNBr2. Rajbongshi, K. K.; Hazarika, D.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett.2015, 56, 356-358.
101. 101. Biaryl thioether synthesis via CuI catalyzed dominothiolation of aryl halides in presence of DMAP as ligand. Roy, S.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett.2015, 56, 2426-2429.
100. 100. Formation of new C-O and C-N bonds via Base promoted Csp2-Csp3 bond cleavage of α-nitro ketone. Sarma, M. J.; Borah, A. J.; Rajbongshi, K. K.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett. 2015, 56, 7008-7011.
99. Practical synthesis of N-(diphenylmethyl)- and N-(1-adamantyl) amides directly from aldehydes via a one-pot Schmidt and Ritter reaction sequence. Hazarika, N.; Baishya, G.; Phukan, P. Synthesis, 2015, 47, 2851-2859
98. A new simple Schiff base fluorescent “on” sensor for Al3+ and its living cell imaging. Kumar, J.; Sarma, M. J.; Phukan, P. Das, D. K. Dalton Trans. 2015, 44, 4576-4581.
97. Rapid and total bromination of aromatic compounds using TsNBr2 without any catalyst. Saikia, I.; Chakraborty, P.; Sarma, M. J.; Goswami, M.; Phukan, P.Synth. Commun. 2015, 45, 211-217.
96. Selective synthesis of nitroalcohols in presence of Ambersep 900 OH as heterogeneous catalyst. Loadh, R.; Sarma, M. J.; Borah, A. J.; Phukan, P. Monatsh. Chem., 2015, 146, 969-972.
95. CuI catalyzed Barbier type allylation of aldehyde in presence of
S1,S2-dipyridin-2-yl ferrocene-1,1¢-dicarbothioate as ligand. Kashyap, B.; Phukan, P. Indian J. Chem., 2015, 54B, 662-670.
94. Adsorption of Methylene Blue and Eosin Yellow using porous carbon prepared from Tea Waste: Adsorption Equilibrium, Kinetics and Thermodynamics study.Borah, L.; Goswami, M.; Phukan, P.; J. Environ. Chem. Eng. 2015, 3, 1018–1028.
93. Direct use of nanoparticles as heterogeneous catalyst: Pd0 doped CoFe2O4magnetic nanoparticle for Sonogashira coupling reaction. Roy, S.; Senapati, K. K.; Phukan, P. Res. Chem. Intermediat. 2015, 41, 5753-5767.
92. Surfactant Dependent pH Controlled “off-on”, “off-on-off” and “on-off” Fluorescent Switches Exhibited by N-Benzylidenenaphthalen-1-Amine. Kumar, J.; Sarma, M. J.; Phukan, P.; Das, D. K.; J. Fluoresc. 2015, 25, 1431-1435.
91. Bromamine-T as an efficient amine source for Sharpless Asymmetric Aminohydroxylation of olefins. Borah, A. J.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett.2014 55, 713-715.
90. Facile generation of α,α-dibromodimethyl ketals from alkynes using TsNBr2. Rajbongshi, K. K.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett. 2014, 55, 1877-1878.
89. A catalyst-free protocol for direct oxidative esterification of alcohols and aldehydes. Rajbongshi, K. K.; Sarma, M. J.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett.2014, 55, 5358–5360. (HIGHLIGHTED IN Organic Chemistry Portal)
88. Reactivity and Regioselectivity in the Ring opening of 2-substituted non-activated Aziridines: a Density Functional Theory based analysis. Baruah, B.; Deuri, S.; Phukan, P., Comput. Theo. Chem, 2014, 1027, 197-202.
87. Structurally simple ferrocene derivatives for selective cadmium sensing. Kashyap, B.; Dutta, K.; Das, D. K.; Phukan, P. J. Fluresc, 2014, 24, 975-981.
86. Equilibrium modeling, Kinetic and Thermodynamic Studies on the adsorption of Cr(VI) using Activated Carbon Derived from Matured Tea Leaves. Goswami, M. Borah, L.; Mahanta, D.; Phukan, P. J. Porous Mater, 2014, 21, 1025-1034.
85. Aziridination of olefins with bromamine-T in presence of iodine as catalyst. Sharma, C. M.; Kashyap, B.; Phukan, P. Indian J. Chem., 2014, 53B, 750-753.
84. Synthesis of some new 2-substituted 4,5-dihydroxypiperidines via Sharpless asymmetric dihydroxylation. Borah, A. J.; Phukan, P. Indian J. Chem., 2014, 53B, 1417-1424.
83. Synthesis of bromohydrins using NBS in presence of iodine as catalyst. Loadh, R.; Borah, A. J.; Phukan, P. Indian J. Chem., 2014, 53B, 1425-1429.
82. Rapid access to homoallylic alcohols via Pd(OAc)2 catalyzed Barbier type allylation in presence of DMAP. Kashyap, B.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett.2013, 54, 6324-6327.
81. Nicotinic acid functionalized organomodified silica as an efficient heterogeneous catalyst for the synthesis of benzoylfumarate. Singh, R. S. K.; Kashyap, B.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett. 2013, 54, 6687-6690.
(HIGHLIGHTED IN SYNFACTS, 2014, 10, 0223)
80. A new ferrocene-based bulky pyridine as an efficient reusable homogeneous catalyst. Kashyap, B.; Phukan, P. RSC Advances, 2013, 3, 15327-15336.
79. Facile chemoselective carbonyl allylation of chalcones with allyltributylstannane catalyzed by CuI. Kalita, P, K.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett. 2013, 54, 4442-4445.
78. A new aluminum based metal matrix composite reinforced with cobalt ferrite magnetic nano-particle. Borgohain, C.; Acharyya, K.; Sarma, S.; Senapati, K. K.; Sarma, K. C.; Phukan, P. J. Mat. Sci. 2013, 48, 162-171.
77. Chlorotrimethylsilane Catalyzed Synthesis of 1,3-Diphenyl-2-Propenones and their Antimicrobial Activities. Goswami, P.; Talukdar, M.; Bora, T. C.; Phukan, P.; Sarma; J. C. C. R. Chimie, 2013, 16, 442-450.
76. SnCl2.2H2O mediated Barbier type allylation: A comparative evaluation of catalytic performance of CuI and Pd(Oac)2. Kalita, P. K.; Phukan, P.; C. R. Chimie, 2013, 16, 1055-1062.
75. Synthesis of new 4,6-disubstituted-1,3-oxazinan-2-one analogues. Borah, A. J, Phukan, P. J. Chem. Sci. 2013, 125, 1503-1510.
74. Mukaiyama aldol reaction of trimethylsilyl enolate with aldehyde catalyzed by CuI. Kalita, H. R.; Borah, A. J.; Phukan, P.; Indian J. Chem., 2013, 52B, 289-292.
73. Iodine catalyzed three-component synthesis of β-amino-β-keto-esters and their antimicrobial activity. Kataki,D.; Bhattacharyya, P.; Deka, M.; Jha, D. K.; Phukan, P. Indian J. Chem., 2013, 52B, 1505-1512.
72. Highly efficient catalyst-free protocol for C-H bond activation: sulfamidation of alkyl aromatics and aldehydes. Borah, A. J.; Phukan, P. Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 5491-5493.
71. Efficient synthesis of methyl carbamate via Hofmann rearrangement in presence of TsNBr2. Borah, A. J.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett. 2012, 53, 3035-3037.
70. A simple and efficient bromoformyloxylation and bromoacetoxylation reaction using TsNBr2. Saikia, I; Rajbongshi, K. K.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett.2012, 53, 758-761.
69. Synthesis of unit-B of cryptophycin-24 via Sharpless asymmetric dihydroxylation. Borah, A. J.; Goswami, P.; Barua, N. C. and Phukan, P.; Tetrahedron Lett. 2012, 53, 7128-7130.
68. Palladium nanoparticle supported on cobalt ferrite: an efficient magnetically separable catalyst for ligand free Suzuki coupling. Senapati, K. K.; Roy, S.; Borgohain, C.; Phukan, P. J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem. 2012, 352, 128-134.
(Received Top-cited paper award for 2011 & 2012 from Elsevier)
67. A facile synthesis of nanocrystalline CoFe2O4 embedded one-dimensional ZnO hetero-structure and its use in photocatalysis. Borgohain, C.; Senapati, K. K.; Sarma, K. C.; Phukan, P. J. Mol. Catal. A: Chem. 2012, 363–364, 495– 500. (SELECTED AS EDITOR’S CHOICE ARTICLE).
66. CoFe2O4-ZnS nanocomposite: a magnetically recyclable photocatalyst. Senapati, K. K.; Borgohain, C.; Phukan, P. Cat. Sci. Technol. 2012, 2, 2361–2366.
65. Exchange bias effect in CoFe2O4-Cr2O3 nanocomposite embedded in SiO2matrix, Chandan Borgohain, Debabrata Mishra, K.C. Sarma and Prodeep Phukan; J. Appl. Phys. 2012, 112, 113905(1-5).
64. A DFT study on nucleophilicity and site selectivity of nitrogen nucleophiles. Deuri, S.; Phukan, P., Comput. Theo. Chem, 2012, 980, 49-55.
63. A Stepwise Mechanism for the Uncatalyzed Michael Addition of Acetylacetone to Methyl Vinyl Ketone. Deuri, S. ; Phukan, P., Int. J. Quant. Chem. 2012, 112, 801-808.
62. Iodine catalyzed Mukaiyama-Michael reaction: experimental evaluation of catalytic effect in conjunction with computational study of the reaction mechanism. Deuri S.; Phukan, P. J. Phys. Org. Chem. 2012, 25, 1228-1235.
61. Microstructural changes upon annealing and it’s effect on magnetic and mechanical properties of nanosized cobalt-ferrite. Borgohain, C.; Senapati, K. K.; Mishra, D.; Perumal, A.; Sarma, K. C. Phukan, P. Int. J. Nanosci. 2012, 11, 1250005 (1-12).
60. Silica sulfate as an efficient recyclable catalyst for protection of α-hydroxy acids with cyclohexanone. Kashyap, B.; Saikia, I; Phukan, P. Green. Chem. Lett. Rev., 2012, 5, 89-95.
59. Iodine catalyzed protection of α-hydroxy acids and its application for the synthesis of a-hydroxy lactone. Sharma, C. M.; Kashyap, B.; Phukan, P. Indian J. Chem., 2012, 51B, 323-327.
58. Batch adsorption of Ni (II) on low cost activated carbon prepared from tea waste precursor. Borah, L.; Roy, S.; Senapati, K. K.; Phukan, P. Int. J. Eng. Sci. Res., 2012, 3, 527-533.
57. Catalyst-free Vicinal bromoazidation of olefins using TMSN3 and NBS. Saikia, I; Phukan, P. C. R. Chimie, 2012, 15, 688-692.
56. Preparation of ordered porous carbon from tea by chemical activation and its use in Cr (VI) adsorption. Borah, L.; Senapati, K. K.; Borgohain, C.; Sarma, S.; Roy, S.; Phukan, P. J. Porous Mater. 2012, 19, 767-774.
55. Oxidation of Anisole over MCM-48 Materials Modified by Incorporation of Transition and Inner Transition Metals. Kalita, B.; Phukan, P.; Talukdar, A. K. Cat. Sci. Technol. 2012, 2, 2341–2350.
54. Iodine catalysed aza-Michael addition of carbamates to chalcones. Deuri, S.; Kataki, D.; Phukan, P. Indian J. Chem., 2012, 51B, 1163-1167.
53. A facile noncatalytic pathway for nitrene transfer process: expeditious access to aziridines. Saikia, I; Kashyap, B.; Phukan, P. Chem. Commun., 2011, 47, 2967-2969.
52. A Stable Magnetic Chemical Locomotive with Pd Nanoparticle Incorporated Ferromagnetic Oxide. Dey, K. K.; Senapati, K. K.; Phukan, P.; Basu, S.; and Chattopadhyay, A. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2011, 115, 12708–12715.
51. Ti-exchanged ZSM-5 as heterogeneous catalyst for allylation of aldehydes with allyltributylstannane. Bhuyan, B. K.; Borah, A. J.; Senapati, K. K. And Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett. 2011, 52, 2649-2651.
(HIGHLIGHTED IN SYNFACTS 2011, 7, 802)
50. Photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue in water using CoFe2O4-Cr2O3-SiO2 fluorescent magnetic nanocomposite.
1. Copper catalyst for C-N and C-S bond forming reaction and process for its manufacture. Roy, S.; Sarma, M. J.; Kashyap, B.; Phukan, P. Indian Patent Application No. 160/KOL/2015 dated 16.11.2015.
2. An improved process for the preparation of nitroxyl radicals. Phukan, P., Dalvoy, V. S. and Sudalai, A., Indian Patent no. IN 2000DE01033 Dated 12.10.2007.
3. An improved process for the preparation of cycloalkylphenol. Phukan, P., Dalvoy, V. S. and Sudalai, A., Indian Patent no. IN192844 dated 22-05-2004.
- Ms. Dipanjali Pathak
Research area: DFT studies on Organic and organosilicon compounds
- Mr. Manas Jyoti Sarma
Research area: Carbon –hetero atom bond forming reactions & C-C, C-H bond activation
- Ms. Mridusmita Goswami
Research area: Activated carbon for adsorption and catalysis
- Mr. Debojit Hazarika
Research area: C-H bond activation & C-C bond forming reactions
- Ms. Loukrakpam Dineshwori Chanu
Research area: New Synthetic Methods
- Mr. Mintoo Hazarika
Research area: Polymeric material for catalysis
- Mr Mintu Maan Dutta
Research area: Magnetic Nanoparticles: Synthesis and Catalysis
- Ms. Tarali kalita
Research area: DFT studies of organic molecules and reaction mechanism
- Dr. Pranita Chakraborty
Research area: Oxidative Transformations Using NN-dibromo-p-toluene sulphonamide
Present Position: Assistant Professor, University of Science and Technology Meghalaya
- Dr. Hima Rani Kalita
Research area: Catalytic applications of compounds of Scandium, Nickel and Copper
Present Position: Assistant Professor, Dimoria College, Khetri
- Dr. Dolly Kataki
Research area: Catalytic property of iodine for formation of carbon-carbon bond
Present Position: Self Employed
- Dr. Kula Kamal Senapati
Research area: Synthesis of Ferrite Magnetic Nanoparticles and their use as catalyst for Organic Transformations
Present position: Technical Officer (G-I) IIT Guwahati
- Dr. Chinta Moni Sharma
Research area: New organic synthetic methodologies mediated by iodine
Present position: Associate Professor, Nowgong College, Nagaon
- Dr. Sanjib Deuri
Research area: Michael type reactions catalyzed by iodine: Theoretical as well as Experimental studies
Present position: Assistant Professor, M. C. College, Barpeta
- Dr. Bolin Kumar Bhuyan
Research area: Catalytic activity of the Zeolite ZSM-5
Present position: Associate Professor, Nowgong College, Nagaon
- Dr. Raj Sekhar Lodh
Research area: Development of organic synthetic methodologies using Non-metallic Catalyst
Present position: PGT in Don Bosco High school, Guwahati
- Dr. Mridul kumar Hazarika
Research area: Environmentally benign routes for organic transformations using clay as catalyst
Present position: Associate Professor, A. D. P. College, Nagaon
- Dr. Indranirekha Saikia
Research area: Development of Organic Synthetic methods using N,N-Dibromo-p-toluene sulphonamide
Present Position: CSIR-Research Associate at NEIST, Branch Laboratory, Itanagar, Naharlagun, Arunachal Pradesh, India
- Dr. Arun Jyoti Borah
Research area: Development of synthetic pathways towards bioactive molecules via carbon-hetero atom bond formation
Present position: Visiting Scholar, Department of Chemistry, Lishui University, China
- Dr. Bishawapran Kashyap
Research area: Synthesis and characterization of multifunctional ferrocene derivatives and its application
Present Position: Technical officer Tea Reasearch Association, NBRRDC, Nagrakata
- Dr. Pabitra Kumar Kalita
Research area: Heterocyclic chemistry; Transition metal catalyzed C-C and carbon heteroatom bond forming reactions
Present Position: Assistant Professor, Arya Vidyapeeth college, Guwahati
- Dr. Luku Mani Borah
Research area: Synthesis of porous carbon from plant based precursors and their applications
Present Position: Sr. Technical Superintendent IIT Guwahati
- Dr. Bhupen Boruah
Research area: Reactivity Parameters and Catalytic Efficiency of Hetero-Organic Compounds: A Density Functional Theory Study
Present position: Associate professor, J. B College, Jorhat, Assam
- Dr. Subhasish Roy
Research area: Carbon-Carbon and Carbon-Hetero atom bond formation reactions in presence of Pd and Cu catalyst
Present Position: Assistant Professor, University of Science and Technology Meghalaya
- Dr. Rana Sanjay Kumar Singh
Research area: Organomodified silica catalyst for organic transformations.
Present Position: Associate Professor Nowgong College, Nagaon
- Dr. Kamal Krishna Rajbongshi
Research area: Activation and Functionalization of organic molecules using broom-organic compounds
Present Position: Associate Professor, Handique Girls’ College, Guwahati
- Mr. Kaustavmoni Deka
Research area: Theoretical studies on nucleophilicity and catalytic properties of organic