Department of Biotechnology
Guwahati 781 014, Assam, India.
Phone : +91-9859947743
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching (Post graduates)
- Plant Secondary Metabolites
- Cloning of Agriculturally important genes
- Bioinformatics & Computational Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Genetic Engineering
- Pranjan Barman, A.K. Handique and Bhaben Tanti. , Tagging STMS Markers to Fusarium Wilt Race-1 resistance in Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) , Indian J of Biotechnology. Vol.13, 370-375, 2014
- Gareth GS, Barman P, Bharali R & Dey S , BLAST: An introductory tool for students to Bioinformatics Applications., Keanean J of Science Vol-2, 67-76, 2014
- P.N. Bhattacharyya, B. Tanti, P. Barman and D.K. Jha , Culture-independent metagenomic approach to characterize the surface and subsurface soil bacterial community in the Brahmaputra valley, Assam, North-East India, an Indo-Burma mega-biodiversity hotspot, World J Microbiol Biotechnol DOI 10.1007/s11274-013-1467-1,
- Pranjan B, Handique PJ and AK Handique, In-silico determination of homolog of Melon R-gene R-FOM-2 in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) giving resistance against Fusarium wilt caused by the fungal pathogen Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. Ciceris. , Journal of Research in Bioinformatics Vol-1, 016-022, 2012
- A.K. Buragohain, Bhaben Tanti, Hridip Kr. Sarma, Pranjan Barman & Kishore Das, Characterization of yeast starter cultures used in household alcoholic beverage preparation by a few ethnic communities of Northeast India , Ann Microbiol DOI 10.1007/s13213-012-0537-1.,
- Pranjan Barman, A.K. Handique, Rajiv Chandra Dev Goswami, Ellora Malakar, P.J. Handique and M.C. Kalita, Application of advanced instruments in Molecular Biology , J of Assam Sc. Society Vol. 52 No. 1,
- Nasheeman Ashraf, Deepali Ghai, Pranjan Barman, Swaraj Basu, Nagaraju Gangisetty, Mihir K Mandal, Niranjan Chakraborty, Asis Datta, Subhra Chakraborty, Comparative analyses of genotype dependent expressed sequence tags and stress-responsive transcriptome of chickpea wilt illustrate predicted and unexpected genes and novel regulators of plant immunity. , BMC Genomics 10, 415, 2009
- Lynn AM, Jain CK, Kosalai K, Barman P, Thakur N, Batra H and Bhattacharya A , An automated annotation tool for genomic DNA sequences using GeneScan and BLAST, Journal of Genetics Vol. 80, No. 1
Book (or Book Chapters)
- Pranjan Barman. , Book Title: Biotechnology and Bioinformatics : Tools, Techniques and Applications, Short Article Title: Electrophoresis and its applications in biology , 60-64, Publisher: Chintamoni Prakashan, Guwahati, Assam., 2014
Research Experiences (12 years at National and International laboratories)
- Senior Research Fellow at the Institutional Biotech Hub, Department of Biotechnology, Gauhati University.
- Project Fellow, (January 2001 to July 2004) Applied Genomics, Crop Protection and Pathology at International Crop Research Institute for the Semi-arid Tropics (ICRISAT) AP, India.
- Senior Research Fellow, DBT, India (July 2004 to 2008).National Institute for Plant Genome Research (NIPGR) JNU, New Delhi.
- Senior Research Fellow, NIAP, India (February 2009-September, 2009) at Division of Genetics, IARI, New Delhi Ph.D. thesis Title: Study on association of Molecular Markers with Fusarium Wilt Resistance in Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.).
Other Projects Done
- Analysis of Nucleotide Sequences of Human Chromosome number 22 by GENESCAN. (December 1999-October 2000) at Bioinformatics centre, JNU New Delhi-110067.
- Assessment of Variuos Yeast Strains Used by Different Ethnic Groups of Assam and North East India for Production of Alcoholic Bevereges from Biochemical and Molecular Biology standpoint (February 2000-July 2000) at Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (MBBT), Tezpur University.
- Tagging of molecular markers linked to Fusarium wilt resistance in chickpea At International Crop Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Hyderabad.
- Cloning of R-gene for Fusarium wilt in chickpea At National Institute for Plant Genome Research (NIPGR), Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067.
- Molecular characterization of Indian maize landraces and allele mining for agronomically important traits at Division of Genetics and Breeding, IARI (NRCPB), Pusa, New Delhi.
Back to top